Philip Rivers

djp14150

In a heartbeat....he is only 31 years old. The Browns drafted a "franchise" QB around the same age. Since I now live in SD I get to watch the away games, since a lot of the home games don't sell out and if Rivers had Buffalo's Offensive Line he would be a pro-bowl QB again. The WRs wouldn't have to stop, reach behind themselves or get laid out to catch a pass....unlike with Fitzgibbons

I don't think Rivers is going anywhere, but if he was available for a 2nd or 3rd rounder, I'd take him. He's not worth a first. I also do not know how well he'd handle the weather in Buffalo. It's a far cry from San Diego weather.

Obviously, Buffalo has worse weather than SD but people overstate things. I think there was one game that was really cold this year. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are both from Cali and handle the cold very well. If a guy is a good player, weather isn't a fact.

I don't how what happen to Rivers. I thought he might be the best QB in that class but he really has regressed. In fairness, he lost a lot of his weapons but normally guys don't get better once they get past 30. But I certainly like Rivers much better than Alex smith or Mike Vick and if the price as right, it'd be very interesting. But still, they need to draft a young QB with a high pick.

Any time a franchise QB is available and you don't have one you have to be interested. Who cares if it's a #1. Are you telling me Gilmore, McLovin or even the great CJ Spiller are more important to this teams success than a franchise QB. If you think he can still do it, you pull the trigger. Compensation is nearly irrelevant, although I'd hate to see multiple picks go.

Any time a franchise QB is available and you don't have one you have to be interested. Who cares if it's a #1. Are you telling me Gilmore, McLovin or even the great CJ Spiller are more important to this teams success than a franchise QB. If you think he can still do it, you pull the trigger. Compensation is nearly irrelevant, although I'd hate to see multiple picks go.

I get your point, but the Chargers won one more game and may play in the worst division in the NFL.

Rivers is a good quarterback when surrounded by a good line and receivers. He is not an elite quarterback. The last few seasons he was known for throwing the big interception on the potential game winning drive. Two years ago the Chargers were at the top offensively and defensively and finished 8 - 8 with this guy and in a division where the Broncos and Raiders stunk.

I get your point, but the Chargers won one more game and may play in the worst division in the NFL.

I think AJ gutted that team and failed to protect Rivers. Give him back Sproles, Michael Turner, VJax and a credible O-line, the Chargers aren't looking for a coach. I think their division is similar to the AFC East. 1 dominant team. And the Bills, Jets and Dolphins are tossups against the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers. They all suck.

This franchise has done some dumb and/or unconventional things. They DID trade Drew Brees, so it is not inconceivable that they would trade Rivers. If I were them, I would not do it, but I'm not, so we shall see. That being said, I would most certainly be ok with him as a Bill!!!

This franchise has done some dumb and/or unconventional things. They DID trade Drew Brees, so it is not inconceivable that they would trade Rivers. If I were them, I would not do it, but I'm not, so we shall see. That being said, I would most certainly be ok with him as a Bill!!!

No they didn't.

I think AJ gutted that team and failed to protect Rivers. Give him back Sproles, Michael Turner, VJax and a credible O-line, the Chargers aren't looking for a coach. I think their division is similar to the AFC East. 1 dominant team. And the Bills, Jets and Dolphins are tossups against the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers. They all suck.

I think all the AFC East teams are better than the rest of that division but it really doesn't matter. Honestly, is Brady's supporting group that much better than Rivers?

Obviously, Buffalo has worse weather than SD but people overstate things. I think there was one game that was really cold this year. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are both from Cali and handle the cold very well. If a guy is a good player, weather isn't a fact.

I don't how what happen to Rivers. I thought he might be the best QB in that class but he really has regressed. In fairness, he lost a lot of his weapons but normally guys don't get better once they get past 30. But I certainly like Rivers much better than Alex smith or Mike Vick and if the price as right, it'd be very interesting. But still, they need to draft a young QB with a high pick.

One cold game? Jeez.

If you give Rivers decent protection (he's a statue), a big wide out threat and and solid running game, he gets your team to 10-11 wins pretty easy. Honestly, he gets the ball out quick so he would be perfect in Buffalo behind this stout line. Rivers would help Spiller become a hands down force in the NFL, he used to KILL ther Bornocs with Sproeles...