Brandon Jacobs to be released/waived

boyst

I have said it a lot of times but never thought he would be released, or at least was out of the loop if it was coming.

Signing Brandon Jacobs means we could save wear and tear on FJ. CJ Spiller can start, FJ can come in changing pace and when neccessary, or put them both in but on 3rd down we need someone who can get a 3rd and short even when the D knows we are going to run it. I am tired of having few options on 3rd down and having to feed it to FJ, where he has become a liability due to injuries or fumbles. Plus, consider that CJ Spiller will likely get injured at some point and FJ will have to start a few games. Choice is on the way out, Jacobs could be worth it. Don't forget CMac is a FA.

At the very least, bring him in before the Patriots do...

I agree conceptually that a bowling ball would be nice. But Jacobs is an idiot. And jerk.

The stories that float around down here (lives just outside N.O.) are awful.

On top of his public meltdowns.

I'd hope this year humbled him but I suspect not. If he got his head square, I wouldn't mind it.

Edited by NoSaint

Brandon Jacobs is a horrible short yardage back. Yes he's 6'4 260+ and a monster of man once he gets going, but because of his straight up running style has never been good in short yardage situations.

He also often has a desire to dance behind the line like a much more nimble man

He also often has a desire to dance behind the line like a much more nimble man

Yeah I live in New Jersey so I've gotten to see Brandon Jacobs quite often. Once he gets a full head of steam he's tough to bring down, and a pretty sneaky good receiving back as well, but he's a main part of the reason the Giants where a pretty bad short yardage/goalline team.

Yeah I live in New Jersey so I've gotten to see Brandon Jacobs quite often. Once he gets a full head of steam he's tough to bring down, and a pretty sneaky good receiving back as well, but he's a main part of the reason the Giants where a pretty bad short yardage/goalline team.

I remember a statistic from last season along the lines of Jacobs being among the worst short yardage backs in the NFL, and Ahmad Bradshaw being among the best--- which of course runs conpletely contrary to how they were perceived and generally utilized.

I believe it was referenced during the Giants-Bills game where Bradshaw had 3 short TD runs.