Hi, I'm /dev/null

AT&T dumped Rodney Dangerfield and hired Carrot top.  Do the math.

194835[/snapback]

Further proof that ad execs are either asleep at the wheel or irretrievably stupid.

How many people can name the guy Dodge had in '94 for their overhaul? (Without using something like Google. But actually for the record, I can. Has zero impact that Dodge trucks are ehhhh.)

Why do Richard Gere's popularity numbers in Palestine even matter? The French liked Jerry Lewis. So what. Does anyone have the text of what the guy says?

Further proof that ad execs are either asleep at the wheel or irretrievably stupid.

How many people can name the guy Dodge had in '94 for their overhaul? (Without using something like Google. But actually for the record, I can. Has zero impact that Dodge trucks are ehhhh.)

Why do Richard Gere's popularity numbers in Palestine even matter? The French liked Jerry Lewis. So what. Does anyone have the text of what the guy says?

195077[/snapback]

I'm watching an American Express commercial right now...the one with Robert DeNiro talking about NYC. There's ten million people in NYC...why didn't they choose some shmoe off the street to deliver the same message? Because people don't care what some shmoe says...but they like and relate to DeNiro.

That's called "marketing". Same reason, if you're targeting a commercial to Palestinians, you choose someone they like and relate to...

I'm watching an American Express commercial right now...the one with Robert DeNiro talking about NYC.  There's ten million people in NYC...why didn't they choose some shmoe off the street to deliver the same message?  Because people don't care what some shmoe says...but they like and relate to DeNiro. 

That's called "marketing".  Same reason, if you're targeting a commercial to Palestinians, you choose someone they like and relate to...

195092[/snapback]

What you, me and everyone here collectively don't know about the Palestinians could just about be squeezed into the Grand Canyon. :)

Someone made the choice to go with Mr. Gere to get a message out. <shrug>

Whatever. Hope it works. Hope they don't elect the next Arafat-esque terrorist. But there's a good chance they will, just to keep pace with how they view Sharon.

Someone made the choice to go with Mr. Gere to get a message out. <shrug>

Chances are high that he didn't get paid for the message. If I'm an ad agency and I can get Richard Gere to do an ad for free - I take that option.

Chances are high that he didn't get paid for the message.  If I'm an ad agency and I can get Richard Gere to do an ad for free - I take that option.

195505[/snapback]

I don't think compensation was even mentioned as an issue. I'd say it's safe to assume that it was pro-bono. And if prior actions are any indicator, Gere is probably contributing, if not out of his own pocket and time, then thru fund-raising.

At least he's doing something rather than bitching. Can't say that for many people.