Nix Doesn't Deserve To Pick A New Coach

box0life

Looking over the quality of the last 3 years of drafting I have to wonder if the Bills scouting dept is the real problem. Are these men just going thru the motions of doing their jobs for the bills, and then selling the proper results to other teams?

Because they appear to be inept in almost every draft after the 1st round selection. Even then, the first rounders the Bills have chosen the last 3 years have been questionable save Spiller who was Chan's choice after playing against him in college.

The Bills don't just need a HC like Jon Gruden that only knows how to run an elite complex passing offense that only he and another brainiac will know how to execute. This franchise desperately needs someone in charge who knows talent at every position, knows defense, knows offense and is willing to put up with the cranky old codger who owns the team.

To those in love with the idea of hiring Jon Gruden, he is a more expensive Chan Gailey clone. Gruden is clueless about the defense. Once Buc's DC Monte Kiffin went off to help his son coach at USC Gruden's defense was worse then the current Bills. The entire time Gruden was with the Buc's all he did was keep trying to find that "elite" franchise type QB over and over, he never found him. Which therefore leads me to believe Gruden is as lame as Gailey in not knowing QB talent. Eff Jon Gruden

My money would be on Bill Cowher for 8 mill per for a new HC. Cowher won a power struggle with Tom Donahoe while at Pittsburgh and then went on to select Big Ben before Donahoe could draft him for the Bills.

Gruden is an offensive coach, so me might be clueless about the defense, which is why you have coordinators. Gailey is an offensive coach and he is clueless about the offense, so either way it is a major upgrade.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No argument here.

Nix sucks because of his lousy drafting and his choice of head coach.

Gailey sucks because he married a broken QB the last 3 years. Can't figure out how to win games, or more importantly win division games. Doesn't know how to setup the offense to run the 2 min drill, which BTW is one of the most important aspects of the offense. Doesn't know the difference between a good player and a bad player at any position. This is particularly true for the QB position. Lets not forget he chose Trent Edwards to start over Fitz and Brian Brohm, the moron.

Plus, Gailey doesn't know his ass from his elbow concerning what defense to run or what defensive coordinator to hire. Both George Edwards and Dave Wannstedt have set franchise records for being bad. In Dave Wannstooges case he set NFL records for being bad.

The sooner this coaching staff of buffoons is fired, the sooner Ebenezer can hire a new set.

Brutal. But true.

Not sure if you were old enough to truly remember the 1998 draft, but Polian caught alot of flack for taking P"E"yton over Ryan Leaf.

I was 20 and I remember absolutely no flack. Sure, there was plenty of healthy debate on who would be the better QB, but once the Colts picked Manning, there was not one single person who thought it was a bad pick. People generally respected the pick, did not look upon it as negative. If you still think they took flack, you should be able to dig up just one link after the conclusion of the draft where the Colts took flack. I think you must be too old to remember. You don't seem to even be able to differentiate between posters.

Edited by kas23

Not sure if you were old enough to truly remember the 1998 draft, but Polian caught alot of flack for taking P"E"yton over Ryan Leaf.

I'm plenty old enough to remember the '98 draft.

I don't remember any flack for Polian taking Manning.

I do remember that there was quite a bit of debate as to which player would become a better pro.

I'm plenty old enough to remember the '98 draft.

I don't remember any flack for Polian taking Manning.

I do remember that there was quite a bit of debate as to which player would become a better pro.

And I remember people jumping in the swimming pool but I don't remember anyone getting wet?

Chan wasn't "Buddy's Pick". Bill Cowher was Buddy's Pick, so was Shannahan, and several others, but after EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM REJECTED the job, because the previous GMs had done such a terrible job acquiring talent, he turned to CHan, a recommendation from his first option.

Im not defending Chan in any way, he has been a massive disappointment, but to put that hire at Nix's doorstep just isnt fair.

Good point. I never put Chans hiring on the list of buddys faults. But Gronkowski, B Spikes, JPP, JJ Watt, trading Lynch and getting only a backup tackle in return, Aldon Smith, Dalton, Kaepernack, R Wilson, Cousins, Orakpo, Mason Foster, those guys are all on his list. And Im sure there are others I am forgetting.

Edited by peterpan

Bill Polian. He has done it with the Bills and Indianapolis. He is available. As long as his son Chris is not allowed to be a part of his tenure. My feeling is Ralph made the biggest mistake of his entire football ownership when he fired Polian. This team has yet to recover from that moronic move. Polian gets fired and quickly turns the Colts into a Super Bowl champion. and the Bills ride a 13 year playoff drought. Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas would certainly agree and these guys may be a major part of the future ownership of the Bills.

Quickly? If 8 years is quickly, sure

It took him 8 years with one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game to make it to the Super Bowl and win his ONLY Super Bowl of his entire career as a GM.

He was such a great GM recently that the team he built around that great QB struggled to win 2 games (after starting 0-13) without Manning and they didn't even want him anymore to take The second coming of Manning, Andrew Luck

Polian was also trying to move himself out of the position to give it to his son chris, why would he come to Buffalo and not want the same thing, to give the spot to chris?

Chan wasn't "Buddy's Pick". Bill Cowher was Buddy's Pick, so was Shannahan, and several others, but after EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM REJECTED the job, because the previous GMs had done such a terrible job acquiring talent, he turned to CHan, a recommendation from his first option.

Im not defending Chan in any way, he has been a massive disappointment, but to put that hire at Nix's doorstep just isnt fair.

Cowher turned down the job because he didn't want to get back into coaching and was enjoying the cushy job being a TV analyst instead, Its not like he has taken one of the many other head coaching jobs that have come available since the Bills went after him. He recommended Chan, someone he said he would have made his Offensive Co-Ordinator

As for Shanahan, he took the job in Washington instead. He had other options and went with the one in the bigger market where he would have more control, and up until this year, hasn't had that much more success then Chan did in his first 2 years

The way Nix has screwed up 3 drafts, traded away successful players, hired coaching staffs, lied to fans and media, oh and his "3 year plan", that has failed miserably, he doesn't deserve his job much less the right to choose a new coach. He needs to go and fast.

And Jon Gruden took over Dungy's team in Tampa Bay the very first year and won a Super Bowl, what is your point?

Who? Lynch? The guy the entire retard Rodeo here was running out of town anyways becuase he was bound to have another strike against him and would be lost for the season?

Poz and Whitner weren't traded so it can't be them. Who else was traded away and went on to be successful anywhere else?

Like I said, you don't truly remember it, because he did catch some flack. And to say he was handed to them is quite the overstatement to try to justify your post.

Just like their new GM caught some flack by some that thought he should have taken RGIII over Luck

Polian is not coming back with Ralph on the scene.

Gruden will not come to Buffalo, he will have more luvcrative offers should be decide to come back at all.

Our best case scenario is that Nix "retires" and then Whaley takes over. Then we pray that Whaley blows up the coaching staff and that he is actually qualified for the job.

Life of a Bills fan.

Cheers, Bob

To Bolded Statement #1 - Polian didn't seem to have any issues coming back when Ralph gave him the honor of having his anem put up on the stadium

To Bolded Statement #2 - This just reminds of of last season, same thing, different names. Replace Nix with Edwards, and Whaley with Wannstadt.......

Good point. I never put Chans hiring on the list of buddys faults. But Gronkowski, B Spikes, JPP, JJ Watt, trading Lynch and getting only a backup tackle in return, Aldon Smith, Dalton, Kaepernack, R Wilson, Cousins, Orakpo, Mason Foster, those guys are all on his list. And Im sure there are others I am forgetting.

thats quite the list... but...

Gronk had a history of back problems, and we werent looking for a TE, Spikes ran super slow, CJ is better than JPP, Lynch was ran out of town, nobody was taking Aldon Smith that high.

The Qbs, meh, they're better than Fitz, but aside from that, im not THAT upset about missing on them.

That first draft hasnt panned out that well, but the 2nd and 3rd drafts have been fine. A few things to remember, first, every team passed on Dalton, Kaep, and Wilson, not just US, so should every GM be fired as well. Second, typically, each draft only produces 1-2 immediate starters, with only 3-4 picks actually making a significant impact and having a career. The rest fall away, its the NFL folks, the best of the best.