Chan, really nice guy. Gotta go.

I agree. Too many here are either still too stunned to find out Chan's not a good OC, or they simply refuse to accept it. What added work is there for an OC to be HC on game day? Accept or defer on the coin flip, time outs and challenges.

Well, I could be mistaken and often am....I think a good HC is looking at the whole game....the ST and D schemes and playcalling as well as the offensive schemes....as far as I can tell Chan is 100% hands-off in those areas, and it shows to our detriment.

He's had a lot of success creating plays capitalizing on the strengths of his players.

I keep reading this, and I keep wondering what is the evidence that it is true:

Evidence against:

1) CJ only 141 carries?

2) pass to set up the run style offense captained by a QB whose strengths are reading the D and making decisions quickly, rather than being able to make accurate throws all over the field

3) When CJ and FJ were both healthy, never could get them both on the field at the same time

4) count on HB to pass-protect even when it's not CJ's strength but he can catch, and we have a strong pass blocking FB who can also carry and catch and a strong pass blocking TE

I really struggle with saying to just fire chan and this all gets better. I saw the Bills do things offensively with less than I had in a long time. We saw players like Fred and Stevie emerge as good quality players in the NFL. Our O line is no longer a joke and attention was paid to it to make it better and deep. We have a TE! A TE!

For me though it comes down, not so much to wins and losses, but the amount of blowouts over the years, when the team just didnt seem prepared to play until it was too late. Year one, I can allow a few, we were finding our identity and combos of players, who our QB was going to be et al. Year 2 alright we had injuries and not much depth, but year 3, ok one maybe is allowable, but to give up records in back to back weeks, give up 45+ several times a year is unacceptable.

I like Chan a lot. I beleive he gave it his all when he was here, made the most of what he had. But too often this team was unprepared to play. I hate to see anyone fired, especially a man I truly respect as an innovator and for helping to beat the Pats in the most fun game I've ever been to, but I can't picture this team improving under his leadership anymore. I will be very surprised if a change isnt made.

I agree, I wish there was some reason for the Bills to retain him as I didnt want another rebuild and think the lack of continuity hurts the team but I see nothing that bodes well for the teams future with Chan at the helm. Times up.

He made his bed with Fitzpatrick and now he has to sleep in it.

That's exactly how I feel as well. I don't believe blowing it up every 3 years is the solution, but I know damn well that Chan is not the solution either. Guess we're on take 5 of the rebuild now?

the problem is he tries to win too much with smoke and mirrors....and is a OC trying to be a HC

- Smoke and Mirrors gets figured out eventually

- He is afraid to stick his head into a defensive meeting.....he should be breaking the damn boombox in the defensive meeting...

you have to when your offense has one player