Jim Kelly for GM

Donald Duck

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not every star player has an eye for talent. Elway is the exception, not the rule

Elways is also not the GM, Brian Xanders is. Elways is not the man pulling the personel trigger, he is the guy under Bowlen that is demanding success, accountability and greatness from the staff who is.

I guess you could argue he got Manning, but that is different than drafting. Elway is an extension of Bowlen, not a Talent Evaluator.

Jim Kelly is a hero of mine and my thread probably shows just how desperate this one particular Bills fan is to change the face of the franchise.

Call me crazy, but I know Jim Kelly can build a good football team...

There needs to be evidence that Kelly could be a competent Football Executive... Could he work with Nix to bring in a great HC, convice that coach that the losing has stopped and that the Bills are back on the road to greatness?? Could he demand excellence and pull the plug on losers who accept less?

Elway has... Don't know about Kelly

Exactly, let's stop reaching in the past to resolve current problems. No Jim Kelly, No Bill Polian. Let's get some young talent or maybe give Doug Whaley a try at GM.

I am for Bill Polian as GM. Doug Whaley is part of the front office now. If he is so good why am I not seeing it?

Polian at least has been involved in football. He will be more up to date than Nix.

Elways is also not the GM, Brian Xanders is. Elways is not the man pulling the personel trigger, he is the guy under Bowlen that is demanding success, accountability and greatness from the staff who is.

I guess you could argue he got Manning, but that is different than drafting. Elway is an extension of Bowlen, not a Talent Evaluator.

There needs to be evidence that Kelly could be a competent Football Executive... Could he work with Nix to bring in a great HC, convice that coach that the losing has stopped and that the Bills are back on the road to greatness?? Could he demand excellence and pull the plug on losers who accept less?

Elway has... Don't know about Kelly

This is mostly wrong. Elway canned Xanders last May and makes the personnel decisions for the team now. He is not just a motivator. Elway brought in Manning and had final say on other free agents and the draft. Make no mistake, he runs the show in Denver.

This is mostly wrong. Elway canned Xanders last May and makes the personnel decisions for the team now. He is not just a motivator. Elway brought in Manning and had final say on other free agents and the draft. Make no mistake, he runs the show in Denver.

Holy ****, youre right. He was there for the Draft last year, I swear it, but it does look like he was fired.... where the !@#$ have I been?

Longest playoff drought in the NFL :thumbdown:

After watching what John Elway has accomplished in Denver, could JK do any worse then what Bills management has done over the last decade?

Sure he could. Key difference: Elway wants to get involved in the game, be a student of the game, GM. Kelly has shown no signs of interest in same.

I'm not sure which is worse, TBDians lusting every QB that has worn out his welcome on his current team (or unproven backup) or lusting after guys who were great GMs and players.....25 years ago.

Folks, that was then, this is now.

I am for Bill Polian as GM. Doug Whaley is part of the front office now. If he is so good why am I not seeing it?

Polian at least has been involved in football. He will be more up to date than Nix.

Though we haven't gotten to the next level - ill argue there have been a lot of good decisions made too. Sooooo..... Maybe we have seen some of it.