SKIPPED THE GAME TO WATCH THE "HOBBIT"

bisonbrigade

So what did you think of "The Hobbit"?

I liked it. Saw it in the HFR 3D. Took a bit to get used to but it was interesting. It looked a lot more "fantasy" like than the LoTR movies, smoother and more vibrant.

Soilers....Maybe?

It's been so long since I read the books that I can't recite what liberties were taken with the script, and I really don't care. The difference between this one and the LoTR was that the evil didn't seem as bad. They were on a quest to get the dwarves home, but there wasn't a big scary evil. The dragon wasn't really in the movie, and there was no real sense of urgency with relation to the quest. No one was suffering or needed immediate help. No sense of real danger. But those might just be my complaints. It was pretty good overall though.

I guess what I don't get is: why are you guys broadcasting what you did today instead of watching the Bills' game? If you decided to go to the movies or whatever, that is your prerogative. But by starting a thread like this, it's like you're bragging about it. And, again, maybe it's just me, but I don't think there's anything to brag about by jumping ship because you don't like a loser.

It is about time someone got some joy out of Sundays, and I've been watching the Bills for decades now... it is not jumping ship, but preventing insanity, sparing yourself from anger and bitterness for one day. There is NOTHING wrong with it at all, or posting about it, ESPECIALLY after the crap that went down on Friday. ESPECIALLY.

Caught it Friday. Pretty good but i'll definitely need to see both parts before i can pass judgement

I took my wife and daughter to see "The Nutcracker" ballet.

Sounds like the wife already cracked your nuts a long time ago :thumbdown:

So what did you think of "The Hobbit"?

Flutie gave us a couple good years. Still think we play the Rams in the Super Bowl if Wade had not started Robosack vs the Titans

Edited by /dev/null