QB - Romo

RB - A Foster

RB - R Rice,

WR - Julio Jones

WR - TY Hilton

TE - A Hernandez

K - L Tynes

D - Bengals

Obviously RB wouldn't normally warrant any discussion but Rice hurt his hip last week and has only been getting 16 carries a game the past coupld weeks, and goes against a tough Denver D. I have K Moreno and David Wilson on the bench. Moreno has been getting tons of work and Wilson looks like he's going to start for the Giants today (against a mediocre Falcon run D). I hate to risk everythink on a rookie coming off his big day, but hate to not put the best matchup on the field. Really not sure here.

On WR, I also have G Jennings (just back from missing almost the whole year), B Lloyd (banged up and Brady has so many other targets he prefers) and James Jones (has fallen off since earlier in the year). All mediocre options; my thinking right now is that the Colts are likely to be in a shootout with the Texans.

Thoughts?

Edited by KD in CT

I don't know what Rice's situation is. I am playing Wilson at RB and expect a big day (not a super big day, but a decently big day). Then again, I had Bradshaw so it was an easier choice for me.

As for the WRs....I would roll w/ Jennings Don't trust Lloyd and would take Jennings over Jones at this point.

Edited by TheNewBills

Of course I ignore my instincts and start Rice anyway after reading that his hip is fine and he screws me.

However, check out this insane rule. I appear to have won my game by 4 thanks to the late Hernandez TD last night. But the other guy has Gore and I noticed he wasn't credited with his TD so I assumed CBS will adjust that today and change the outcome. But then I google it and find someone who says that CBS standard league settings consider ALL touchdowns off fumbles to be 'returns' by the DST. Can that be right?? Gore fumbles the handoff, picks it up, runs it in and the 49 D gets the TD? If it stands I'll take it, but that would be insane.

Of course I ignore my instincts and start Rice anyway after reading that his hip is fine and he screws me.

However, check out this insane rule. I appear to have won my game by 4 thanks to the late Hernandez TD last night. But the other guy has Gore and I noticed he wasn't credited with his TD so I assumed CBS will adjust that today and change the outcome. But then I google it and find someone who says that CBS standard league settings consider ALL touchdowns off fumbles to be 'returns' by the DST. Can that be right?? Gore fumbles the handoff, picks it up, runs it in and the 49 D gets the TD? If it stands I'll take it, but that would be insane.

Maybe CBS Sports thinks the guy in your leauge who has Gore is a Bills fan? There has to be some explanation... you being in CT, they probably figured you are a Pats fan...so everyone should be accustomed to that BS! :lol:

I could maybe understand it if somebody else fumbled the ball, and Gore ran it in...but that is a terrible rule....we used the CBS Sports site one year, as I recall, and it kind of sucked...as does ESPN.

Either way, doesn't your commisioner have the power to put in his own scoring rules? I know, you wouldn't have the incentive to want it to be changed at this point (and I don't blame you), but maybe something to consider next year.

EDIT: I had Gore on my team this year (bounced in the first round of the playoffs), so I checked NFL.COM (our leauge sponser), and they gave Gore credit for the TD, but according to them (it is the NFL) it was Kaepernack who fumbled, not Gore. So, (not that I agree with it), but I could understand a little more how the rules could be convoluted so that Gore doesn't get the TD points. Let's just say a QB passes the ball from his own 1 yard line, completes the pass to the receiver at the 50, and then gets the ball punched out of his arms...one of his teammates picks up the fumble, and gets a TD. How many yards do you give him? Does he get the whole 99 yards and the TD, or just the yards from where he picked it up?

In our league, I always hate it because if you have a WR or RB who returns a kick for a TD, you don't get any points for it...those points are credited to the special teams/Defense. I know, that makes more sense..still frustrating. A couple of years ago, when Devin Hester was playing offense, defense and ST, there was a some flap over scoring for him..much more understandable than your situation I know...

Edited by Buftex

Either way, doesn't your commisioner have the power to put in his own scoring rules? I know, you wouldn't have the incentive to want it to be changed at this point (and I don't blame you), but maybe something to consider next year.

Yes he does but apparently the default is the way I described it so unless you reaize that change needs to be made manually it's not going to be set up that way. It's not really fair to change it now, though I wouldn't put it past our commissioner. I won't be positive of the result until kickoff on Saturday!

When I set up Yahoo leagues I ALWAYS allow return yardage/scores to count for individuals.

Yes he does but apparently the default is the way I described it so unless you reaize that change needs to be made manually it's not going to be set up that way. It's not really fair to change it now, though I wouldn't put it past our commissioner. I won't be positive of the result until kickoff on Saturday!

When I set up Yahoo leagues I ALWAYS allow return yardage/scores to count for individuals.

Yeah, like I said, the rules is rules...it would be BS to change it after the fact.

team looks solid......i don't know about the rice situation either though

James Jones did score 3 td's last week FWIW.

Yeah, assuming I'm in the championship I don't think I can take the same risks again. Assuming Nelson is still out/limited, Rodgers clearly prefers Jones in the red zone so he'll need to be my 2d WR. I'll probably go No-Shawn at RB2. Baltimore just isn't giving Rice the carries, and with a playoff spot clinched I don't see that changing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.