Seahawks will test Wannstedt's defense if it is improving

There is definitely some holes in talent but compounded the issue is the defensive scheme. Wannstedt stubborn philosphy doesn't work as is implementing a gameplan and (not) making adjustments in game.

I think it is worse than you suspect. How does a professional defense go through an entire week of preparing for the zone read and get totally undressed all game long on that exact play? They knew it was coming. You are either intentionally not doing your job or just not good enough or smart enough to do your job. No lipstick on the pig.

Not on defense there isn't.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree. There is not really much talent on this defense. Wanny was a predictable failure, but these guys just turned in the worst D performance of the year--worse than the first NE game. They simply could not rattle a rookie QB who looked absolutely calm and cool out there today. He was jogging away from Mario and Dareus and the rest.

I've heard for weeks about how much "better" the D had gotten since the bye. They are frauds.

I agree. There is not really much talent on this defense. Wanny was a predictable failure, but these guys just turned in the worst D performance of the year--worse than the first NE game. They simply could not rattle a rookie QB who looked absolutely calm and cool out there today. He was jogging away from Mario and Dareus and the rest.

I've heard for weeks about how much "better" the D had gotten since the bye. They are frauds.

The only success I saw today were some blitz calls which were out of character for Wannsteedt (the irony). Wanny's base defense is horribly predictable. Just an awful scheme.

You never heard it from me that they have gotten better. I always thought they were frauds. Look at the teams the Bills defense played good (read average) against. Even then they couldn't stop bad offenses when the game was on the line. Too many red flags.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

What a surprise...

The first decent(not even elite) offense the Bills have faced in the last 5 weeks, and they get lit up like a Xmas tree. I hope this puts to rest any notion that this defense is anywhere near ready to be playoff caliber. They better hope for a miracle to occur in the offseason with Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans & Pittsburgh all on the schedule for next season.

The option plays that Wilson ran over and over and over again were downright embarrassing.