A Land Without Guns

diane feinstein on pbs....she's confident it's happening: outlaw of numerous semi automatic weapons, trigger locks on existing military style weapons, abolition o production and importation of clips, drums etc that work in automatics and semi automatics. we'll see.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

diane feinstein on pbs....she's confident it's happening: outlaw of numerous semi automatic weapons, trigger locks on existing military style weapons, abolition o production and importation of clips, drums etc that work in automatics and semi automatics. we'll see.

Looks like I'll be buying later this week.

Does posting all night while working at a federal job at that, cause random sentences to be thrown in a bag, shaken up , and posted?

No... Not at all...

Anyone familiar with New York City's gun laws?

In New York, if you get caught with a loaded firearm outside of your home, a conviction is a Class C violent felony and carries 3.5 - 15 years - and you do at least 80% of the jail time.

Guns aren't banned in New York. But possession of a loaded weapon outside the home is criminal, and carries a huge penalty. NYC is the safest big city in the country. It's not even close.

And for me, after living here for 6 years, it feels safe. I like the fact that most people I that encounter aren't carrying a gun. I like that, if some douchebag decides to pull a gun out in public, I can take action with the cops to have his dumb a$$ thrown in jail.

I certainly don't want to see a fully armed populace of George Zimmermans walking around.

And Plaxico Burress is still catching passes?

I read this suggestion on another site.

What if we completely banned guns on all Federal grounds in DC? No one could have them, at all, no exceptions. Think of how safe and secure all our elected officials would feel in knowing that not even a police officer or secret service agent could get a gun near them!”

Certainly they're not more important than "the children"..C'mon Nancy lead the way......................

The average selfish American and the (situational) irony lost on them:

Mass killing

Ammo/weapon-gun culture

& the "Walmart mentality."

...The only place to get mass, flameless (twist/roll that into the irony: flamelss... LoL) "candles" on the spot (of course, sans the internet) is no other than... You guessed it.

:-O

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

LA Riots?

Please. I'll venture a guess that no one on this board has ever spent any significant time in South Los Angeles (a.ka. "South Central") other than possibly an alumnus of the University of Southern California (and that campus is behind guarded walls). No one in Burbank or Santa Monica needed to engage in "street justice" during those riots.

LA Riots?

Please. I'll venture a guess that no one on this board has ever spent any significant time in South Los Angeles (a.ka. "South Central") other than possibly an alumnus of the University of Southern California (and that campus is behind guarded walls). No one in Burbank or Santa Monica needed to engage in "street justice" during those riots.

How confident are you of your analysis?

LA Riots?

When they shut down Whittier Blvd. from the cruisers they decided to protest and cruise through all the residential areas further east than Colima Blvd. Everybody stayed in their homes and backyards---we knew some of the people we were dealing with were capable of.

When they shut down Whittier Blvd. from the cruisers they decided to protest and cruise through all the residential areas further east than Colima Blvd. Everybody stayed in their homes and backyards---we knew some of the people we were dealing with were capable of.

and a remington 870 wouldn't suffice?

No doubt the rioters would be careful to use only your approved weapons. Look if you want to handicap yourself in a riot go right ahead. Don't tell me what to use.

well,there you have it. the best selling shotgun in the history of the world. used by law enforcement and sportsmen worldwide. but it's not enough...it's never enough....

LA Riots?

Guess you figure no one in South Central has a right to self defence?

What about NO? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WjKpB-X8g

Fine hide under the bed and call 911 if that's your style. I will keep my guns.

Guess you figure no one in South Central has a right to self defence?

What about NO? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WjKpB-X8g

Fine hide under the bed and call 911 if that's your style. I will keep my guns.

You are right! The police w/their semi-automatic firepower, who wants to go out on a nights looting spree grossly underpowered!