Tashard Choice "not a great back" according to Gailey

bobobonators

What are the other examples of this? I can't recall any, other than showing no confidence in Lindell outside of 45 yards and a reference to CJ's pass protection.

Well, according to Gailey:

- CJ gets winded after two running plays

- Tavaris Jackson is too dumb to learn the playbook

- Lindell can't kick a field goal in the 50 yard range

That's just a couple.

Did any of you actually read TFA (the f'in article)? I don't see anything wrong with him saying Choice is a very good back, but not on the level of a C.J. Spiller or FJax.

"We're going to get the opportunity here in the next few weeks for [spiller] to get it a lot and we won't have what I term two great backs," Gailey said. "I think Tashard is a very good back, but to me he's not in Fred's category. So there won't be a lot of sharing of duties. C.J. will have to take a big part of the load now."

Did any of you actually read TFA (the f'in article)? I don't see anything wrong with him saying Choice is a very good back, but not on the level of a C.J. Spiller or FJax.

"We're going to get the opportunity here in the next few weeks for [spiller] to get it a lot and we won't have what I term two great backs," Gailey said. "I think Tashard is a very good back, but to me he's not in Fred's category. So there won't be a lot of sharing of duties. C.J. will have to take a big part of the load now."

i honestly didnt read the article. but i still think chan is an idiot and needs to quit the team. nothing changed for me.

There's this expression called, "less is more". I did read his actual statement, and quite frankly it's a long - winded way of saying not much at all. The entire statement has a negative tone to it though.

"Tashard will be stepping in for Fred this week and giving CJ a breather every once in a while." See how easy that is? Is a qualitative analysis of Tashard's ability really necessary? I don't think so..but oh well.

Edited by bobobonators

Whether by injury or age, in 2011 Fred Jackson was a below average back himself.

Maybe it was Chan's indirect way of saying, "Yeah CJ leads the league in yards per carry, but the reason I gave him less than 10 touches is b/c we have two great backs". According to chan though, that won't be a problem anymore going forward.

Whether by injury or age, in 2011 Fred Jackson was a below average back himself.

You mean 2012. 2011 he was leading the nfl. he was very above average.

i think he sucks now. he costs us some damn games

ps. if chan doesnt play spiller this weekend, im done till next year. no coach can be that stupid???

C.J. will have to take a big part of the load now."

Chan is such a brilliant coach. The season is over so he's going to run the crap out of Spiller for the next three meaningless games when he should have used him more when it mattered. Why even play CJ now? Instead, the sensible thing to do would be to wear Tard Choice out and let him be the player that risks getting injured behind this depleted and weak offensive line.