Officially done with Schopp & The Bulldog

STC

i cant stand them. I can tell when a man works as if he is under paid...thats these guys for sure. they hardly research and topics like "what makes a sandwich a sandwich" is why I subscribed to sirius to listen to NFL network. i must admit i will tune in for updates and buffalo sporting news but find myself super disappointed when i get baited in. To be fair they surprise me occasionally but i must admit they act like jack asses to callers.

Then don't listen. Problem solved. Obviously you felt strongly enough about expressing your point on their show to call in. Then you felt slighted and felt strongly enough to come here and vent. Who's being unreasonable again?

I loathe Peter King. He writes like a 3rd grader. Guess what? I don't read his column anymore. I feel better now. Stop listening, and you will too.

You are being way too sensitive. There are many callers who go on there and can ruin the entire show. It virtually is a call-in show and one person can blow the entire thing. Staying on hold the way you did makes you look too desperate to listen to yourself talk. It is weird for such a small market like Buffalo. You were lucky to get a response back. Lighten up Francis.

Schopp was right, you are desperate and boring and might I add long winded. Nine paragraphs to tell us your story? How long was it going to take to make your point? 20 minutes? Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by ET1062

Schopp was right, you are desperate and boring and might I add long winded. Nine paragraphs to tell us your story? How long was it going to take to make your point? 20 minutes? Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Interesting. Then why did you read the whole thing?

You want some cheese with that whine? I'm sure those guys get hundreds of callers per show. I'm also sure that you are not the only one that has been "ignored". I've called into a couple of radio shows. I've gotten on air, and I've been ignored. It's really no big deal. I thought that Schopp explaining his side was very professional of him, and actually was a nice thing to do. After all, he could have just deleted your email. Furthermore, it's their radio show. If they don't want to talk to you then they don't have to.

Get over yourself and move on.

You want some cheese with that whine? I'm sure those guys get hundreds of callers per show. I'm also sure that you are not the only one that has been "ignored". I've called into a couple of radio shows. I've gotten on air, and I've been ignored. It's really no big deal. I thought that Schopp explaining his side was very professional of him, and actually was a nice thing to do. After all, he could have just deleted your email. Furthermore, it's their radio show. If they don't want to talk to you then they don't have to.

Hundreds of callers per show?.............Is that why Schopp starts complaining that "I guess nobody wants to talk about this" when he brings up something he thinks is super compelling and they get no calls at all. He starts whining about it, and yet if somebody calls in, they have a 90% chance of being talked down to.

Hundreds of callers per show?.............Is that why Schopp starts complaining that "I guess nobody wants to talk about this" when he brings up something he thinks is super compelling and they get no calls at all. He starts whining about it, and yet if somebody calls in, they have a 90% chance of being talked down to.

I'm throwing a guess as to the number of calls. I don't listen to the show because I don't like them. I listened once while at work and thought they were a couple of blow hards. I also thought a couple of the "fans" they talked to were just trying to listen to themselves on the radio.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is if it is such a crappy radio show then 1. why would anyone want to call in? and 2. why would you complain about not getting on the air if they are just going to talk down to you and degrade you?

I didn't, I read half of it, got bored, counted the paragraphs and posted.

Even more interesting. So you deduced that I'm desperate, boring and longwinded but didn't actually read everything I had to say?

I'm over myself, pal. And I mentioned that I appreciated the fact that he took the time to respond. My point was that I found it fascinating that a host would criticize a caller for being patient. Most shows at least give the appearance that they appreciate their audience. I was annoyed about being on hold so long, but that wasn't the reason I posted about it. And I don't listen anymore, so I'd say I've moved on. Thanks for the sage advice.

STC, welcome to the club. What took you so long to get here?

Thanks, TKIG. I haven't posted anything on message boards for quite a while. And I'm starting to remember why. Great site, though. I've been a regular reader for a long time.

I listen to a lot of talk radio -- both sports and politics -- and nothing compares to WGR. It's the absolute worst. I used to think Philadelphia sports talk radio was absurdly sophomoric and uninteresting. But, compared with GR's local hosts, Philly sports talk seems refined and informed. I mean, the hosts detest taking calls nearly as much as they detest the callers themselves. This is especially true of the yahoos in the afternoon. Then you've got Howard Simon. I've heard college radio DJs conduct better, more thorough interviews. Every time he talks to Gailey or Nix or any player, it sounds like he's doing his first-ever interview. It's tough to listen to, but I listen because I want to hear Buddy Nix or Stevie Johnson.

But, the attitude is what irks me mostly. Classic small market, big-fish-small-pond mentality oozes out of everything that WGR puts out. From their Bills "network" pre- and post-game shows to their drive time programming. It's chock full of hot shots who think it makes them stars to belittle and dismiss the very people who put food on their tables. "Do you have any questions for us?" Yes, how many other media markets would actually employ you in a capacity other than janitors?

But, none of this will ever change until there is an alternative. Which will never happen in Buffalo since you're talking about a small market with just two major teams.

Maybe I'm just spoiled having grown up listening to WFAN, but WGR is as interesting as a wet rag.

I can't stand that idiot. That said, I think his email response is actually well thought out and makes sense. Sure, it didn't apply to you, but they've been doing this for years and know what they know - in this case that if someone holds that long they are likely not going to add much worthwhile content to their show.

I feel like you made a fair point, and Schopp's response was honest and candid. I don't care for the show either, but I have to imagine that if I was in their shoes, I would become pretty jaded from all the calls over the years. It is like any profession. You get to know your customers, you make prejudgements, and sometimes you are right, sometimes you are wrong.

Thanks, TKIG. I haven't posted anything on message boards for quite a while. And I'm starting to remember why. Great site, though. I've been a regular reader for a long time.

Anyone who's critical of local media buffoons like Schopp, Sully and the Buckster is good in my book. Keep on posting, my friend.