Showcasing Jackson

Luxy312

I agree but your not good enough so you trade from your strength, we have two excellent runningbacks - we need LB's and WR's

That's more along the lines of what I was thinking. I wasn't really suggesting that he would be traded for a draft pick, but a veteran player at a position of need. Our linebackers have been pretty average to awful at times.

Great idea! Trade Jackson. I know there is zero percent chance that Spiller will ever go down with an injury over the course of his career. Tashard Choice is awesome anyway!

I'm sure the Pats would give up at least a 5th rounder for him. That way, he can be productive for 5 or 6 more seasons as a situational RB and probably win a few SuperBowls, just like Kevin Faulk.

Jackson was a league-wide MVP candidate right up until the point when he got hurt last season, so he's definitely expendable!!

This isn't really directed at the OP. But I'm tired of the fan base bitching about Jackson getting on the field. He averaged well over 5 yards a carry last season and there really has been zero drop off.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

Personally i think Chan was brilliant and should use jackson and CJ the same the next 4 games. Freddie gets most touches in the first half. Give CJ some touches in the first half but use CJ more in the second half. I like this approach for the simple fact it plays to both players strengths. Freddie is a better pounder and between the tackle guy. The Defense will get worn down and use to that style. Bring CJ in with fresh legs and let him break a big one like he did yesterday.

Maybe i am imagining it, but it seemed like that was the approach Chan took yesterday?