2013 free agents

NoSaint

honestly rivers at this point is just as bad as fitz, his stats are slightly better but he cant sling it like he used too as his unorthodox pushing motion has caught up with him. We dont have a choice, we have to draft a qb in the first or second round. Do the research and even reach if we have too but its time. Everything else is solid we are decent or not really necessitating an upgrade anywhere else but we NEED a top even 15 qb. Time is up for fitz and he just cant take us to the playoffs even if he had the 49ers supporting cast.

Isn't he more of a 3-4 guy? The last thing I want to do is switch defenses again and we've seen how making a 3-4 guy into a 4-3 player work (Jeff Posey anyone?).

Yes. And he was a free agent twice when the Bills were attempting to assemble a 3-4 defense.

However I'm a believer that good football players can usually play in any scheme even if they are better suited to a particular one.

I believe for instance that DeMarcus Ware would make a great 4-3 DE.

Isn't the franchise tag for a QB like $20M?

Ok, so they use the franchise tag on Flacco next year, much to the chagrin of him. In 2013 there are going to be even less FA QB's on the market and only a handful of rookies slightly better then the crop this year. There is a great chance Flacco signs a longer tender, as well, considering the team is likely to struggle next year and his value will only go down...