Chip Kelly- It wont happen but SURE wish it could!

RCOHEN13

He is NFL bound and even though there is next to 0% chance of it happening, it would be the PERFECT fit. Personnel wise... His offense is based on pure speed and quick decisions... It is NOT a offense thats truly built around the QB like every other... This is not Spurrier's "fun & gun" which was brought into the NFL when times were also VERY different... Nowadays, if u flip game to game and see teams on offense, most teams run a ton of plays out of a form of a "spread" offense... Back in Spurrier regime in the NFL, Offenses were alot more conservative.. It was unheard of for teams to play so much 3 or 4 WR sets, no FB's, etc..

With the way the league is going, with all the edges going to the offense, putting up 30 a game especially in a division with the Pats is a MUST.. The #1 asset for Chip's offense is a TOP tier RB with BLAZING speed... We got that covered with CJ who would put up Madden type numbers in Chip's offense. The beauty of that O... is it works no matter who the QB is.... Obviously it is more dangerous this yr with Marriotta at the helm but he's just a freshman and he's out played all his successors and by the end of his career at Oregon, will probably hold EVERY record in school history!

Fitz... lets not even go there.... just saying his name makes me gag... He along with a GOOD chunk of the staff should be terminated. Ralph went out and did something all of us as fans were dying for years... SPEND in FA... With all the crap Mario gets.. He is still a MONSTER and is not the reason the D and the team is not winning ball games. It is evident that the wrist really was an issue and instead of considering the guy "tough" for PLAYING through an injury that was effecting his play, he got ragged on... Since the bye week he has been EVERYTHING he could have hoped for.. Dareus gets a mulligan for this yr cuz of his brothers death... He is starting to play better and will NOT be a bust.. I know a lot on here have been beating up on this guy but he will be in pro-bowls within 2 years (if pro-bowls continue to exist!).

This team is NOT as far away from being a legit playoff squad... If we brought in Chip, he automatically would go after and make sure to find the "right" QB for his system... Again... for his O, we would not need the "prototypical" QB.. We need a QB that understands the spread and has wheels to avoid the rush and tuck it away and run. If we decided to draft one and needed a guy to "run the show" till the kid is ready, the PERFECT QB and he will most likely be not overly pricey is Vick.. Say what u want about Vick... but u put him in an O like that, the doesnt require him to hold onto the ball like Andy Reid's does, and u have CJ in the back field... we lead league in rushing....

Our OL has come together pretty well and the only position we probably need an upgrade is RT and depth. WR's wouldnt need much work.... SJ13 is a great possession WR. The guy who would REALLY blossom is TJ Graham... We would need to probably need to use a top 3 pick on a WR but no matter who is coaching/ running the team, we will still need another WR. D. Jones is NOT a starting caliber WR. Every catch the guy makes, ANYONE would have, Outside of the Pats game early this yr which was an EASY catch and run that again... ANYONE would have taken to the house on that play cuz ball hit in stride and D was no where to be found. The only "impressive" catch i can remember was LAST yr when we beat the Pats... that catch down the sideline was a thing of beauty but other than that, has he EVER caught a ball to bail out the QB on a bad throw??

Anyways, to sum up... Chip Kelly WILL be in the NFL soon enough.. its a Pipe dream to think he would come to Buffalo but would it EVER BE FUN TO SEE IT OCCUR!!

RC signing out!

There are some things I really like about Kelly. I love that his team dictates the tempo. Personally, I'd like to see the Bills switch up to a no huddle at various times in the games. Also, I love his aggressiveness on 4th down. If my team was inside the 10 and I trusted my defense, I'd very rarely settle for a field goal and just go for it on 4th.

The biggest con to me on Kelly is a QB has to run way too much. There's a reason his QBs don't become NFL QBs. As much as I love a mobile QB, you need to still win games from the pocket in this league. The guy I really like is David Shaw of Stanford. Harbaugh discipline and runs a variety of offenses.

I think he'll be a college coach for life. They get paid in college too. His offense might be good in the NFL. It might suck. There's no way to know if its going to succeed at this point. Sure, I'd love to give it a try, but like you said, he's not coming to buffalo.

There are some things I really like about Kelly. I love that his team dictates the tempo. Personally, I'd like to see the Bills switch up to a no huddle at various times in the games. Also, I love his aggressiveness on 4th down. If my team was inside the 10 and I trusted my defense, I'd very rarely settle for a field goal and just go for it on 4th.

The biggest con to me on Kelly is a QB has to run way too much. There's a reason his QBs don't become NFL QBs. As much as I love a mobile QB, you need to still win games from the pocket in this league. The guy I really like is David Shaw of Stanford. Harbaugh discipline and runs a variety of offenses.

Shaw looks like a good one. I'd take him too.

He is NFL bound and even though there is next to 0% chance of it happening, it would be the PERFECT fit. Personnel wise... His offense is based on pure speed and quick decisions... It is NOT a offense thats truly built around the QB like every other... This is not Spurrier's "fun & gun" which was brought into the NFL when times were also VERY different... Nowadays, if u flip game to game and see teams on offense, most teams run a ton of plays out of a form of a "spread" offense... Back in Spurrier regime in the NFL, Offenses were alot more conservative.. It was unheard of for teams to play so much 3 or 4 WR sets, no FB's, etc..

Anyways, to sum up... Chip Kelly WILL be in the NFL soon enough.. its a Pipe dream to think he would come to Buffalo but would it EVER BE FUN TO SEE IT OCCUR!!

RC signing out!

Why do you take time to post all of this if you just know he would never come to Buffalo? You assume a lot. You don't know what he would or wouldn't do. And truth of it is, Kelly hasn't proven jack-ish at the NFL level as a head coach. He might be horrible. Good in college doesn't mean good in the pros. Good system in college doesn't mean good system in the NFL.

Shaw would be an excellent choice.. It's come to the point where this organization needs an overhaul... teams front offices are getting YOUNGER and younger... It's a trend that is happening in EVERY facet of the world let alone football.... technology has done so much... the fact that i can log on to NFL rewind and i have every sport package on directv and i'm 32 and work from home most of the time, i watch/ study sports 24/7... If a fan REALLY wants to become a "true connoiseur" these days, the info is out there...

I watch the movie Moneyball all the time.. I love Billy Beane... His way of approaching a game where his hand is tied behind his back a hell of a lot more than a GM in NFL cuz of the craziness in MLB with no cap and guys like Arod making like half of what a few teams make! NFL, it CAN happen where u take a team from cellar to contender in 1-2 years... Look at the Rams back when they discovered Warner... It took an injury to Green at the end of the pre season and then a grocery clerk or whatever he was, becomes an instant sensation and takes over NFL.. BUT... he had Vermeil but most importantly, Martz.... Martz was way ahead of his time... Teams obviously caught on... but i sure would take a run like that after what us Bills fan have suffered through! LOL!

Chip Kelly would take this modern day spread offense, and turn it into a Juggernaut... The KEY to it is a lighting fast RB... those DO NOT grow on trees.... CJ has a very unique skill set for a RB. I hate comparing anyone to Barry Sanders cuz he was just in a league of his own but CJ is lightning fast and cuts on a dime. His 1st step is SOOO fast.. It's a TRAGEDY he doesnt get 25-30 touches a game...

A guy like Chip Kelly would take a guy like CJ to LEGENDARY heights (obviously health depending cuz with CJ's style, he's 1 low shot to the knees from a Mcgahee type injury g-d forbid!). Just picture in 1 of those SLICK Oregon uni's that change every week in Barner or Lamichael James role from last yr.. Could u imagine the numbers he would have had at a school like Oregon instead of Clemson??

It's fun to dream sometimes! LOL

Where was it said that he is def going pro? Sorry if I missed it....

There is nothing saying a guy is "def" going to NFL... But ALL fingers point towards it... Chip likes the spotlight, he brought a spotlight to a school like Oregon. There is NOTHING saying he would come to Buffalo. ALL i said was i WISH it would happen... and to the dude who said WHY start a thread like this??? Are u kidding me????? have u not read some of the threads in here??? There is nothing offensive, attacking other ppl or anything like that. As a Bills fan, and someone who watches sports 24/7, and seeing Chip's career at Oregon, i thought it would be cool to see if OTHER Bills fans enjoyed watching Oregon as much as i do and if they thought his style football would work in NFL and if they would or would not like to see that for THEIR team in Buffalo...

I'm SOOOOO sorry if a thread about Chip Kelly is sooooooooo awful for u... There are PLENTY of other threads Purple Haze. If u do not like the topic, reply to one u do.

I happen to think he'd be foolish to leave Oregon for Buffalo for a number of reasons...

I also don't see it as a good fit. The Bills don't have a QB that can run the option. They don't exactly have a highly athletic offensive line that can play in space. They don't have a TE. They don't have big physical WRs that pancake DBs downfield. They don't have anyone familiar with the offense. And, I shudder at the thought of having the Bills defense on the field for 40+ minutes a game.

Other than that, it'd be great. B-)

Chip is a great college coach. He has no clue what he'd be up against in the NFL. College coaches rarely succeed in the NFL. And, especially if they set their foot inside of OBD.... they have no chance whatsoever.

Greg Schiano isnt doing so bad this yr and college style offenses are being used more and more each year in NFL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.