We're a clutch defense away from winning the SB

EZC-Boston

Point conceded. It's not "always" a team win or loss. If you'll read my original post again, you'll notice I wrote "rarely". It certainly is possible for a bad game by the QB to result in a loss. I disagree only with those who blame EVERY loss by the Bills on Drew and Drew alone. Shouldn't their axe be ground to metal dust by now? Sheesh.  ;)

193195[/snapback]

I hear ya......I'm pretty hard on Drew, but it's just cause I think four years is long enough. But yeah, I agree it's not just him.......I just HATE seeing our offense self destruct and he's the most clearly marked target to go after.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"the offense will be fixed"

How can we make that assumption? The offense hasn't been fixed for years and all of a sudden its a given the offense will be fixed? I can't buy it.

But, the arguement that the defense is lacking something is a good one. They performed extremely well; however, they seemed to have a knack for letting up at exactly the moment they shouldn't. Namely almost every 3rd and long situation.

As far as the 4th qtr goes, they just didn't have enough left to stop the best O-line in the league.

193210[/snapback]

They weren't facing the best OLine in the league on that drive. Unless I've lost my mind, only Marvel Smith was actually in the game and the rest of the line was backups.

Fletcher - Let's see...He makes a ton of tackles....6 yards down field. He makes at least one stupid play per game. Every other game he makes one great play and everybody forgets about the other stuff.

Clements - Yep that was a great attempted pick off he made on 4th and so far you thought they had no chance to pick it up in the Jacksonville game. Tendency to fumble at the most inopportune time. He never comes up with the big play when you need it, only when everything else is going well. It is pretty hard to give up the long ball when everyone is throwing the long ball at the rook on the other side.

Schobel is a keeper as a right defensive end not right.

The Bills have a good defense, but their "star" players are just flawed enough to keep them from getting far in the playoffs.[

quote=34-78-83,Jan 4 2005, 02:19 PM]

Fletcher - Let's see... there is likely ONE middle/inside linebacker playing better than he this season in the AFC and that's Farrior.

Clements - 6 picks, knack for getting to the endzone, did not get beat deep hardly at all this season. Get rid of him! ;)

I'll give you the pass rushing end, although Schobel is a complete player.

192704[/snapback]

Our defense failed us every time we needed them to make a stand this year...They live off the stats and highlights that occur when nothing is on the line...

192407[/snapback]

Are you on crack chowd? Our defense was on the field more this season then that bills speedo was on your fat azz in Miami. That defense is a super bowl defense. Put that defense on the colts and they would walk away with the trophy. Drew and the offense is the sole reason for our struggles, period. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

Are you on crack chowd? Our defense was on the field more this season then that bills speedo was on your fat azz in Miami. That defense is a super bowl defense. Put that defense on the colts and they would walk away with the trophy. Drew and the offense is the sole reason for our struggles, period. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

193413[/snapback]

Hmmmm.....crude.......yet, somehow effective and convincing. I agree.

They weren't facing the best OLine in the league on that drive.  Unless I've lost my mind, only Marvel Smith was actually in the game and the rest of the line was backups.

193219[/snapback]

You lost your mind I believe the OL starters for Pitt played the entire game they just did some rotating of some younger players into different positions for some of the series.

Well I don't agree with you on the defense. 3rd string running back don't get 100 yds. against great defenses.

Next time I have a cat scan I'll ask them to verify the half a brain.

193413[/snapback]

Fletcher - Let's see...He makes a ton of tackles....6 yards down field.  He makes at least one stupid play per game.  Every other game he makes one great play and everybody forgets about the other stuff.

Clements - Yep that was a great attempted pick off he made on 4th and so far you thought they had no chance to pick it up in the Jacksonville game. Tendency to fumble at the most inopportune time. He never comes up with the big play when you need it, only when everything else is going well.  It is pretty hard to give up the long ball when everyone is throwing the long ball at the rook on the other side.

The Bills have a good defense, but their "star" players are just flawed enough to keep them from getting far in the playoffs.[

Well, except for that pick yesterday that gave us the lead. Well, and the TD in Miami last season that got us back in the game. And his blanket coverage pretty much all season (especially against Pepto Bismal Bengal's guy). It says alot more about Clements that you had to go back 16 weeks to find ONE really poor play to rail against.

Your analysis of Fletcher is ridiculous too but we didn't make the playoffs so no one should be safe, least of all our most consistant performers. :D

Fletcher - Let's see...He makes a ton of tackles....6 yards down field. He makes at least one stupid play per game. Every other game he makes one great play and everybody forgets about the other stuff.

Clements - Yep that was a great attempted pick off he made on 4th and so far you thought they had no chance to pick it up in the Jacksonville game. Tendency to fumble at the most inopportune time. He never comes up with the big play when you need it, only when everything else is going well. It is pretty hard to give up the long ball when everyone is throwing the long ball at the rook on the other side.

The Bills have a good defense, but their "star" players are just flawed enough to keep them from getting far in the playoffs.

192704[/snapback]

193346[/snapback]

This may be this weakest rebuttal to defend a point I have seen in a long time. The Fletcher "6 yards downfield" argument has already been run into the ground and refuted a thousand times. Your point on Clements could be refuted by simply referencing his pick in the last game. And you have made no point on AS.