What do you mean you are kidding about a $1 Million reward?

Just Jack

my understanding of the story is that the laptop had his latest recordings that he was working on...when it was returned the music was gone...his million dollar reward was offered in large part to returning his intellectual property...he didn't get that...

my understanding of the story is that the laptop had his latest recordings that he was working on...when it was returned the music was gone...his million dollar reward was offered in large part to returning his intellectual property...he didn't get that...

Makes it a bit better, but a dumb mistake on his part if it was simply the laptop he asked for.

I saw that in the 2nd link (NY Post), but he could not prove or disprove the music was gone since he "disposed" the hard drive (for some reason) before the trial.

Leslie testified Tuesday that his offer was contingent upon his ability to retrieve several unreleased multitrack songs stored on the hard drive, which he said couldn’t be accessed after he got it back. But Judge Harold Baer Jr. yesterday told jurors that because Leslie disposed of the hard drive by returning it to the manufacturer after Augstein claimed the reward, they could assume that the data was there when Augstein handed it over.