I've seen enough of this experiment

Bring in Polian and Dungy.

I've said it before and will say it again... Polian may be the best gm we can get and I trust him a hell of a lot more than Nix to pick our next coach and QB of the future... We have no idea if Whaley will be any good or not... We know Polian can do it - he's done it before...

And if Polian got his name on the Wall - Ralph and polian must have settled their differences by now... BRING BACK BILL POLIAN....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Ralph and Chan/Buddy talk every week I dont think he has lost any of his thoughts. He may have lost the will to travel back and forth from Detroit to Buffalo but that is understandable at 94.

But if what you say is true about Littmann's role then its up to him to go to Ralph and say Gailey is not the right coach for this football team. Nix is not gonna do i because him and Gailey are tied to each other because Nix is the one who hired him.

To me Ralph is still the OWNER. He can do what he thinks is right. His team is poorly coached right now and its clear to all of us fans and the media.

Let the young guy run the team. I sure Wailey has some ideas to get this franchise back on track. Quite sure he would use the Steeler formula of success because that where he came from. Why wait?? Do it now. Fire Chan, fire Buddy or let him be an advisor to Wailey, let Dave W be interm HC. Let Modkins run the offense and see what he can come up with. Because what Chan is doing isnt working and we have 5 games to see if Modkins can do it better.

Nix has stated that he talks with Ralph Wilson but how cognizant is Wilson at 94 ? I can only guess from my experience with relatives and people I have known thru the years, that most start loosing some mental abilities by the late 80's. There are exceptions of course and I have a "young" friend of 93 who I could still hold a conversation with "in the present" but his short term memory is shot. IM sure there are others here who can also state that a relative or friend was OK mentally in their 90's but my guess is that number is low compared to other seniors in this age group that posters here might know or have known.

I just do not believe the fire everyone movement will visit OBD anytime soon. Especially if Buddy Nix doesn't retire this year. I personally hope he does and passes the torch onto Doug Wailey but can anyone envision Nix (a former scout) retiring before the 2013 NFL Draft ?? Wouldn't that be too late hire a quality NFL coach if the new GM Wailey was so inclined to fire Gailey ?