What exactly happened to Fitz?

Virgil

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Sanchez threw for 301 yards and a touchdown on Thursday night (Thanksgiving) against the Patriots. He also had over 70 percent completion percentage on the night.

Do you feel like he played a good game?

didn't see any of the game, so I don't know.

Miami, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Washington, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Carolina, Seattle, and San Francisco will start QB's either in their rookie or second NFL season this week. How is it that more than one-third the league can trust a young QB, but the Bills cannot nor could even draft one who was NFL caliber in three drafts?

... and right now the only guys who I would consider an upgrade over Fitz are the guys in Cincy, Indy, Wash. so what's your point?

Other than the ridiculous fumble, he played pretty solid. The Pats got three TDs off of really weird fluke plays. Take those away and you have a relatively competitive game. That being said, I wouldn't take Sanchez over Fitz.

best part is, despite an otherwise ok showing..... heads will roll for being down like that at halftime.

He just lacks consistency and a big arm? That's a big part of playing the position, especially when the weather gets bad late in the season.

For the record, the following QB's were drafted in 2011 and 2012 that Buffalo had a reasonable shot to take: Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, and Russell Wilson. I don't expect all to be excellent starters, but if Nix is the top talent evaluator some made him out to be, he'd know which one would be best for his team. He'd also have valued the position more than just signing or re-signing four guys playing on their third NFL franchise.

Dunno about those others but both Dalton and Kaepernick were 2nd rounders and the Bills had a shot at both, and overlooked both. It sucks that Buffalo had a shot at WR AJ Green and went defense instead, and passed on both QB Dalton, and QB Kaepernick in the 2nd.

But then I question this (Nix) scouting departments ability to judge talent at any position, along with Nix's judgment on drafting the right player at the right time. Nix would have drafted Cam Newton, but would gailey have given up on him because he couldn't pick up his spastic passing scheme or changed the entire offense to fit Newton like Carolina did. But then again now that college scheme isn't working as well this year.

I realize that after 2 years Spiller has finally emerged as a top 5 back... that Gailey refuses to work full time, I still say a LT- RT would have been the better choice to improve the team, and would have made an instant improvement instead of a part time player after 3 years. Not like the bills are winning game after game because of CJ. But DT Torell Troup over TE Rob Gronkowski in the 2nd round makes me want to kick something.

Alex Carrington in the 3rd and thats where the Saints drafted TE Jimmy Graham. Gee, a brilliant starting TE or a backup DT...decisions decisions?

This regime has scrood the pooch every year so I'm not very dazzled when Nix & Gailey state that they will finally draft a QB this next draft. I'm thinking they will screw that up just like previous years

nothing happened.... he was never really all that great. And Drew Bledsoe holds the season passing yards record for the Bills, if you meant that. Fitz did not "break Kelly's passing records."

That said, I don't care about stats. Chad Henne dropped 350+ Yards and a few TDs on the Texans last week. Chad freaking Henne. Off the bench for the 1 win Jaguars.. With creepy facial hair (not at all a "Fitzmagic" beard).

The problem is that it has been forever since there was even somewhat competent QB play here and Bills fans have forgotten that in the NFL a 300 YD game with a few TDs is pretty routine. I think we went a couple of seasons without a 300 yard passer, so it's easy to see how people went insane over Fitzpatrick.

Guys throw for a bunch of yards nowadays, it's not like the 1980's anymore. Nobody is better at a 390 yard passing day and a loss than Carson Palmer (who should trademark it) but Fitzpatrick is a poor man's version!

Edited by TheFunPolice

Honestly, I have to question David Lee changing up his throwing motion. That or his arm is incredibly weak. I've never seen an NFL QB that couldn't hit 1 deep pass a game.

He winds up like warren spahn just to get the ball past 10 yards down the field as well. he makes bryan leftwich look like joe nemath in terms of release time....

A poor mans Carson Palmer.....brutal and true

True, but people want to keep making excuses for him (injuries, etc), but for the last 2 years he hasn't experienced any hardships that other starting QBs haven't experienced. Injuries are part of the game, not unique to the Bills.

I'm just upset that Nix refused to draft any QBs over the last 2-3 years because there have been plenty of young QBs available at the spots we have picked that seem to have great potential. Serious blinders there. Now he's in panic mode to draft a QB. I sense a reach coming. Hope it's not a Losman-type reach.

Looking at the numbers Fitz is on pace for 27 tds 16 ints and 3500 yards and he currently has the best QB rating and completion % of his career. The guy can't throw a deep ball if his family's lives depended on it but he's no worse than he's ever been, in fact the numbers show that this is his best year yet.

I expect him to have some good success for the remainder of the season, since the team is healthy and the competition is not top 5 teams coming off byes every week or every other week. I like Fitz. He is not taking us to the promised land of a SB triumph, but he is a top 15 QB in my mind. Frankly, he has no one to throw the deep ball to in the first place and has been playing from behind is just about every game. Buddy will draft a QB 1 or 2 this year and you all can get your wish for a 6 foot 4 225 lb superman straight from NFL central casting to ogle all year.