Man's obituary says that the KC Chiefs killed him

so the person who posts the link can spend four extra seconds being considerate and posting a blurb of the article they already have up in their browser or he can force the hundreds of other viewers to each spend that four seconds (at least) to see if they even want to bother reading further

bottom line: link only posting is extremely inconsiderate

so the person who posts the link can spend four extra seconds being considerate and posting a blurb of the article they already have up in their browser or he can force the hundreds of other viewers to each spend that four seconds (at least) to see if they even want to bother reading further

I wouldn't say extremely but I don't like the practice of "link-only posts."

A different point is that from the poster's perspective, I assume the poster cares that people read and discuss the topic.

From that standpoint it helps to include a little blurb/excerpt. It's good for "business."

The Buffalo Bills better hope all their fans dont start doing this. They have shaved at least a couple months off my life, Im sure of it, it cant be healthy feeling the way I have sometimes during the last 20 years. My favorite thing they do to me, which is also my own fault, they give me hope and then crash, then a little more hope and then BLAM Ka plunk poooooof done

geez would you stop with the link only posting. holy crap youre right there what does it take four extra seconds to cut and paste man thats lazy and inconsiderate

Are you serious? If you have the time in the day to be on this website to begin with, I would think you have an extra 3 seconds to click on the link?

And if they do that, there will be a dozen people asking for the link?

I wouldn't say extremely but I don't like the practice of "link-only posts."

A different point is that from the poster's perspective, I assume the poster cares that people read and discuss the topic.

From that standpoint it helps to include a little blurb/excerpt. It's good for "business."

Except I don't think he/she ever does post or add anything to the conversation. It generally is the link only with no insight or opinion added by the op.

Are you serious? If you have the time in the day to be on this website to begin with, I would think you have an extra 3 seconds to click on the link?

And if they do that, there will be a dozen people asking for the link?

As I stated earlier I browse from my phone and some of the loading times are annoying at best. Also why can't it be the link and a blurb. If we are intrigued or interested then we can click on the link. It seems easy enough to do as well as just being polite (imo)