Joe Licata-Buffalo Bulls- Our Future

Ba Ba Ba Buffalo Bills

Kid is a born winner. Set all sorts of records in WNY HS football. Freshman this year QB at UB. Came in a few weeks ago and has been lighting it up, 3-0 as a starter. Has size and all the intangibles to go along with a cannon arm. Jim Kelly said he was one of the best WNY football players he has seen in a decade. We let Gronk go? Will we let Licata go?

Kid is a born winner. Set all sorts of records in WNY HS football. Freshman this year QB at UB. Came in a few weeks ago and has been lighting it up, 3-0 as a starter. Has size and all the intangibles to go along with a cannon arm. Jim Kelly said he was one of the best WNY football players he has seen in a decade. We let Gronk go? Will we let Licata go?

I agree. Obviously a devoted Bills fan if he's from the area. Wouldn't be surprised to see him taking Fitz's job next year.

Maybe he can get the Bulls back to a bowl game before the Bills get back to a playoff game.

Best UB can do is 5-7 so no bowl this year. But the season finale is on ESPN3 Friday (time tba) if anyone wants to watch. They play Bowling Green in Columbus at Crew Stadium. See if Licata can win 4.

Is Chad Kelly doing anything at Clemson?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Best UB can do is 5-7 so no bowl this year. But the season finale is on ESPN3 Friday (time tba) if anyone wants to watch. They play Bowling Green in Columbus at Crew Stadium. See if Licata can win 4.

Is Chad Kelly doing anything at Clemson?

PTR

Thet intend on red-shirting him. Sometimes in the course of a season due to injuries that can change. In all probability he will stay in that status.

http://www.tigernet....date.do?id=6753

With respect to the UB program they need some success (wins) to put it on the right track. They have struggled for such a long time. The bottom line is that they have to recruit better. Turner Gill widened the recruiting territory and had the program moving upward. Nothing breeds success more than success. I'm rooting for him.

If Canisius College can win two consecutive basketball games to start the season then there is hope for any program. A long time ago the Little Three of Canisius, Bonnie and Niagra had a very popular and spirited rivalry. I would like to see that happen again.

Edited by JohnC

Thet intend on red-shirting him. Sometimes in the course of a season due to injuries that can change. In all probability he will stay in that status.

http://www.tigernet....date.do?id=6753

With respect to the UB program they need some success (wins) to put it on the right track. They have struggled for such a long time. The bottom line is that they have to recruit better. Turner Gill widened the recruiting territory and had the program moving upward. Nothing breeds success more than success. I'm rooting for him.

If Canisius College can win two consecutive basketball games to start the season then there is hope for any program. A long time ago the Little Three of Canisius, Bonnie and Niagra had a very popular and spirited rivalry. I would like to see that happen again.

I'm still not convinced head coach Jeff Quinn knows what he's doing. UB was on it's way to a 1-11 season when he was forced to play Licata, who has now won 3 straight. With at least 4 wins, maybe 5, Quinn's job is secure. Is he the guy to lead UB to a bowl or MAC title? We'll see.

As far as recruiting, Quinn had gotten more 2 or 3-star players than Gill did. But you still have to coach 'em.

PTR

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.