My First Bills Game. Need help!

benbillsfan

Neither, where did you see those prices? I would go to Russels Steak House over The Chop House any day of the week

Russels is great. No doubt about that. Western Door I've heard also but it's also over 20-30 minutes away so I stayed away from that. Black & Blue ain't bad either but overpriced IMO and of course EB Greens, then there's always Panos, Hutchs, Papaya, Gabriel's Gate. How bout that, I just recommended a few places downtown.

I still have yet to visit your lot Hammer. I need to do that sometime soon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mulberry is fantastic... Blows chefs out of the water and has a much more expansive menu than chefs...it is also plunk right down between downtown and orchard park... Many many bills/celebrities/athletes eat there on a regular basis... Favorite restaurant in WNY...

Tempo and Hutch's are good upscale spots... Hutch's also has a great bar menu (steak sandwich is amazing)... Left bank is also a favorite.

Steer clear of anchor bar... Big tree, bar bill, marmosers for bar food

JP Fitzgeralds in hamburg has a big menu, great food, and a great bar... Fish fry on Friday is fantastic

barbill is very good, and not too far.

jw

One of the true gems of the Southtowns, in bucolic, Rockwellian East Aurora. Awesome food and beers served in frosted mugs.

I hear there is a steakhouse in the new renovated Lafayette Hotel that is really good, too.

Yeah if we're gonna boost downtown and its latest triumphs, the restored Lafayette Hotel is supposed to be very nice. If I were visiting and looking for a place to eat/stay, I'd at least look into this.

http://thehotellafayette.com/

p.s.-- And when I say awesome food at BarBill, I'm talking about the wings and beef on weck.

Superb food, great friendly service and homey atmosphere.

And if you're gonna stay in Orchard Park or the Southtowns, you might as well dine at the Big Tree near the stadium. Just don't do it on Sunday.

Finally if you want another recommendation for an American-style Italian restaurant aside from Chef's, Ilio DePaolo's has to be mentioned.

Very popular with the Bills players, and very significant in Buffalo Bills lore. This is where Jim Kelly proposed to Jill.

http://www.iliodipaolos.com/

One of the true gems of the Southtowns, in bucolic, Rockwellian East Aurora. Awesome food and beers served in frosted mugs.

Yeah if we're gonna boost downtown and its latest triumphs, the restored Lafayette Hotel is supposed to be very nice. If I were visiting and looking for a place to eat/stay, I'd at least look into this.

http://thehotellafayette.com/

p.s.-- And when I say awesome food at BarBill, I'm talking about the wings and beef on weck.

Superb food, great friendly service and homey atmosphere.

And if you're gonna stay in Orchard Park or the Southtowns, you might as well dine at the Big Tree near the stadium. Just don't do it on Sunday.

Finally if you want another recommendation for an American-style Italian restaurant aside from Chef's, Ilio DePaolo's has to be mentioned.

Very popular with the Bills players, and very significant in Buffalo Bills lore. This is where Jim Kelly proposed to Jill.

http://www.iliodipaolos.com/

Yes, this is the steakhouse. Mike A's:

http://www.mikealafayette.com/

Ilio used to take me to wrestling matches. I used to hang out with her in like 1st grade, before the family moved.

The mulberry is fantastic... Blows chefs out of the water and has a much more expansive menu than chefs...it is also plunk right down between downtown and orchard park... Many many bills/celebrities/athletes eat there on a regular basis... Favorite restaurant in WNY...

Tempo and Hutch's are good upscale spots... Hutch's also has a great bar menu (steak sandwich is amazing)... Left bank is also a favorite.

Steer clear of anchor bar... Big tree, bar bill, marmosers for bar food

JP Fitzgeralds in hamburg has a big menu, great food, and a great bar... Fish fry on Friday is fantastic

Steer clear of the Anchor bar big tree inn bar bill mammosers for bar food?

Steer clear of the Anchor bar big tree inn bar bill mammosers for bar food?

Yeah I saw that too.

I think he must have been texting from his phone and meant:

Steer clear of the Anchor Bar. For bar food try the Big Tree Inn or Barbill.

Not sure about mammosers though.

Isn't that the champagne/OJ drink they serve at brunches?

Yeah I saw that too.

I think he must have been texting from his phone and meant:

Steer clear of the Anchor Bar. For bar food try the Big Tree Inn or Barbill.

Not sure about mammosers though.

Isn't that the champagne/OJ drink they serve at brunches?

mmmm Mammosers.

Never been there Hammer. Ill have to try it. On another topic regarding Rochester and Dino BBQ. It's of course great, but this summer while attending a ST John Fischer experience, I tried Sticky Lips BBQ. Absolutely amazing. IMO better than Dino.

Never been there Hammer. Ill have to try it. On another topic regarding Rochester and Dino BBQ. It's of course great, but this summer while attending a ST John Fischer experience, I tried Sticky Lips BBQ. Absolutely amazing. IMO better than Dino.

i'll humbly disagree. have tried both and i remain partial to the Dinosaur, not that Sticky Lips is at all bad, but ... as for BWs and other popular Buffalo joints, feh. for some reason, have difficulty finding good places in town. ... the best used to be a little joint called Donnies on Jefferson, but that's since closed.

jw

i'll humbly disagree. have tried both and i remain partial to the Dinosaur, not that Sticky Lips is at all bad, but ... as for BWs and other popular Buffalo joints, feh. for some reason, have difficulty finding good places in town. ... the best used to be a little joint called Donnies on Jefferson, but that's since closed.

jw

Not all of it JW but I loved it there. I've had good and bad experiences at Dino though. In Buffalo I love Kentucky Greg's and Famous Dave's. both great places IMO.