You Have a "Superbowl Defense"..

This is my list, for what it's worth. Bledsoe is an average starting QB. Try getting a QB higher that him and you have to give up another 1st and change. I find it hard to believe Losman will be better than Bledsoe Next Year

A list: Manning, Culpepper, Brady, Favre, McNabb

B list: Green, Leftwich, Roethlisburger, McNair, Brees, Pennington, Plummer, Bulger, Vick, Brooks, Delhome

C list: Bledsoe, Carr, Hasselback, Collins, Palmer, Greisie, Harrington, Ramsey, Testeverde, E.Manning

D list: Feeley, Boeller, Rattay, Holcomb, McCowen, Krenzel

B word all you want, he isn't a god, but if the rest or the team is really that good, they can win with him.

You're just asking for an ass-kicking, aren't you... :P

I have no evidence that Bledsoe can get us where we need to go, but the reality is we won't have for much longer the D and STs we currently have. Bledsoe won't be replaced. He's the best option we have right now. That's just the reality of it.

I have no evidence that Bledsoe can get us where we need to go, but the reality is we won't have for much longer the D and STs we currently have. Bledsoe won't be replaced. He's the best option we have right now. That's just the reality of it.

191774[/snapback]

Well, based on what we know, he probably is the best option for us........but chances are the Steelers said the same thing about Maddox before the season. Just because we don't know what someone can do is not in itself enough of a reason to go with the known commodity........especially when most of us really are sick of some of things we know about him.

Except for big games against good teams. :lol:

191782[/snapback]

Oh, that's right......thanks for reminding me of his other allergy......I forgot it was big games AND good teams :P

Oh, that's right......thanks for reminding me of his other allergy......I forgot it was big games AND good teams  :P

191784[/snapback]

You have a point...so I guess I should remove McNabb, Culpepper, Pennington, McNair, Plummer, Brooks and Vick...moving Bledsoe as high as #8

You have a point...so I guess I should remove McNabb, Culpepper, Pennington, McNair, Plummer, Brooks and Vick...moving Bledsoe as high as #8

191787[/snapback]

No, you should make a seperate category for Drew, D+...

cause every other QB in your C group is better than him except maybe Joey Harrington & Eli Manning, who at least have upside.

191787[/snapback]

Oh, DEFINITELY don't move Bledsoe up.........but you have to qualify what we're talking about.......McNabb and the iggles have lost three straight NFC championship games......what kind of games did McNabb have? I don't remember, honestly. McNair is mentally tough and typically brings it in big games.......Plummer has a whole lot of fourth quarter comebacks, doesn't he? And a playoff win over the Cowboys a while back? Brooks? Yeah.....probably has the allergy. Vick? Nah.......not enough data, but so far I think he's shown big game ability. Drew literally VOMITS the game to the other team. There are not many quarterbacks I'd put in that category.

Oh, DEFINITELY don't move Bledsoe up.........but you have to qualify what we're talking about.......McNabb and the iggles have lost three straight NFC championship games......what kind of games did McNabb have? I don't remember, honestly. McNair is mentally tough and typically brings it in big games.......Plummer has a whole lot of fourth quarter comebacks, doesn't he? And a playoff win over the Cowboys a while back? Brooks? Yeah.....probably has the allergy. Vick? Nah.......not enough data, but so far I think he's shown big game ability. Drew literally VOMITS the game  to the other team. There are not many quarterbacks I'd put in that category.

191792[/snapback]

I'm not saying Drew is great...just saying he is capable. If the rest of this team is as good as everyone seems to think, I think we are in a world of trouble if we hand over the reigns to Losman next year. If we cut Drew, we are going to bring in Tommy Maddox, which is pretty much the same thing. Anyone distinctly better than Bledsoe is off the radar because nobody would give them up for less than a 1st and 3rd. If Losman is on the field next year...expect rebuild with Jennings and Williams walking, and a few other surprises. There are decisions to be made, and I just hope we don't get the Dolphins syndrome of just getting by at 10-6 every year, because look where that gets you.

This is my list, for what it's worth. Bledsoe is an average starting QB. Try getting a QB higher that him and you have to give up another 1st and change. I find it hard to believe Losman will be better than Bledsoe Next Year

A list: Manning, Culpepper, Brady, Favre, McNabb

B list: Green, Leftwich, Roethlisburger, McNair, Brees, Pennington, Plummer, Bulger, Vick, Brooks, Delhome

C list: Bledsoe, Carr, Hasselback, Collins, Palmer, Greisie, Harrington, Ramsey, Testeverde, E.Manning

D list: Feeley, Boeller, Rattay, Holcomb, McCowen, Krenzel

B word all you want, he isn't a god, but if the rest or the team is really that good, they can win with him.

191770[/snapback]

First off, your list is ridiculous.

If I have you correct, with this team, we would be no better with Carr, Ramsey, or Manning. I don't believe it for a second.

Quarterbacks are near impossible to rate on their individual merits. They have to have systems that work for them. The guys who have the football smarts and vision and confidence are the A-listers, and no one would really dispute the guys who you have on there. But they also have systems that make them look even smarter and better on the field.

Take a look at your list. Who moves up and down based on this vs. last year? Is Drew Brees really in the top 15 QBs or is he just having a magical season? Last year he was a bust. Has Pennington maybe lost it? Is Plummer really right up there too, or is it just that his team makes the playoffs and ALWAYS has a good running game to help him out? He was no Hall of Famer in Arizona. I think you can begin to see where I'm going here...

anyone but drew... While drew has put up borderling hall of fame numbers throughout his career, he hasn't in the past 2 seasons, so therefore i DON'T want him for one year with a super bowl defense. I'll say losman now for the simple reason that he's in house, had a year to mature, and he's unknown. I'd love for an unknown to lead the bills to greatness, ala brady with new england.

191774[/snapback]

What evidence do you have that he's our best option? His status clearly suggest otherwise. J.P Losman or any average quarterback could put up a 77 QB rating with 20 TD's and 15 int's.

What we need is a smart quarterback who can get rid of the ball and make good decisions. Drew doesn't fit ANY of that criteria.

What evidence do you have that he's our best option?  His status clearly suggest otherwise.  J.P Losman or any average quarterback could put up a 77 QB rating with 20 TD's and 15 int's.

What we need is a smart quarterback who can get rid of the ball and make good decisions.  Drew doesn't fit ANY of that criteria.

191872[/snapback]

Yeppers......and on top of that, how much more exciting is it to have a QB who can make plays with his legs from time to time?

If Losman is on the field next year...expect rebuild with Jennings and Williams walking, and a few other surprises.

191804[/snapback]

OK, you may have a mental problem. Jennings may leave, but Williams walking? Big Mike? Are you insane? Pulling stuff from your rectum? What is it?

A few other surprises? Fill us in, please.

This ought to be a juicy story you are cookin' up here.

You know, I can't help but laugh at this post, simply due to its reference to our "Superbowl defense."

This Superbowl defense of ours was PATHETIC in that loss to the Steelers! They couldn't stop an offense running second, third and even fourth stringers in that game! Letting the Stiller's scrubs hold the ball for over 8 minutes in the fourth quarter of that game was absolutely unacceptable. A defense cannot be considered Superbowl caliber when it can't shut down an offense playing scrubs at home with a trip to the playoffs on the line.

No question, special teams, Bledsoe and the rest of the offense all contributed to this loss, but to suggest that we are wasting a Superbowl caliber defense and even special teams on Bledsoe is just plain silly.

Sure it would have been great for Drew to carry the team to victory notwithstanding that the rest of the team played as badly as it did, but the QBs in this league that would have been capable of doing that are few and far between.

Well, based on what we know, he probably is the best option for us........but chances are the Steelers said the same thing about Maddox before the season. Just because we don't know what someone can do is not in itself enough of a reason to go with the known commodity........especially when most of us really are sick of some of things we know about him.

191779[/snapback]

Exactly, what if Pittsburgh didnt start big Ben because they didnt know what he can do. No one would start with that logic.

Our situation with Bledsoe is a classic case of should we go with the devil we know or the one we don't.

Usually, it's probably better to stick with what you have because then at least you know what you're getting. In this case, I don't think we could do much worse.