Another Heartbreaker

Man this one really hurt. I'm a 31 year old man and this game brought tears to my eyes.( and not for the first time either sadly to say) Not only becuase of this paticular loss but just the fact that this team just continues to devistate me week in and week out,.... year after year. The pain has become too severe to handle at this point. I'm not getting all mythical but I really am starting to believe that this team and organization is cursed. I have never seen a team just show complete inept and lack of heart(mainly on defense.) for so long. This defense is just god awful. These players are complete mental midgets. They have no clue out there and that's not all on the coaching. I am way too emotionally invested in this team and even when I try not to be I am sucked back in every Sunday. I'm so tired of being laughed at when I say I'm a bills fan. I'm so tired of the naysayers constantly being right. I'm so tired of watching this team play like a JV high school team. My girlfriend who has been watching Bills with me since we have been together (3 years) that really doesn't know about football even said after week 5 that the Bills are not making the playoffs. Not becuase she knows the team isnt playing well this season but just becuase she subconsiously knows that this team is the laughing stock of the NFL. When are we going to get a break? WHEN???? There is no doubt in my mind that If any organization in any sport deserves to hoist that trophy it's the Buffalo Bills. I dream of it all the time.. but I'm coming to the realization that I may never see that day.

There is no doubt in my mind that If any organization in any sport deserves to hoist that trophy it's the Buffalo Bills.

the organization doesn't deserve it. their incompetance is the reason we're in this unending black hole of suckitude.

the fans deserve it. we've been brutalized.

Man this one really hurt. I'm a 31 year old man and this game brought tears to my eyes.( and not for the first time either sadly to say) Not only becuase of this paticular loss but just the fact that this team just continues to devistate me week in and week out,.... year after year. The pain has become too severe to handle at this point. I'm not getting all mythical but I really am starting to believe that this team and organization is cursed. I have never seen a team just show complete inept and lack of heart(mainly on defense.) for so long. This defense is just god awful. These players are complete mental midgets. They have no clue out there and that's not all on the coaching. I am way too emotionally invested in this team and even when I try not to be I am sucked back in every Sunday. I'm so tired of being laughed at when I say I'm a bills fan. I'm so tired of the naysayers constantly being right. I'm so tired of watching this team play like a JV high school team. My girlfriend who has been watching Bills with me since we have been together (3 years) that really doesn't know about football even said after week 5 that the Bills are not making the playoffs. Not becuase she knows the team isnt playing well this season but just becuase she subconsiously knows that this team is the laughing stock of the NFL. When are we going to get a break? WHEN???? There is no doubt in my mind that If any organization in any sport deserves to hoist that trophy it's the Buffalo Bills. I dream of it all the time.. but I'm coming to the realization that I may never see that day.

Pain huh? Were you in a seated position on your coach with a beer when all this pain and emotional distress started?

The team is cursed alright, cursed by bad management and ownership. The Bills owner is also the president, you know kinda like Cowboys owner as GM-president Jerry Jones. That stuff simply doesn't work and never will.

NFL teams need solid football men in upper football management on the football operations side. Not owners who were business men who think they can do anything and everything.

So until this owner sells the team, passes on or grows a brain and hires a real president to run the team you can expect to see this team continue to lose.

No. I was standing with my hands on my knees sweating 3 feet from the tv screen with about 15 people behind me (girlfriends family had a get together...All sports fans but not Bills.) all hoping that we would win. When that pass was picked I fell back into the couch and the room went silent. As I gathered the courage to look around at everybody, they were all looking at me with sad puppy eyes as my shame leaked out all of the room.

I feel your pain Bro. The Bills have been disappointing me since the early 80s. They have been responsible for some of the worst moments of my life. (Wide right has to be in my top 5 moments of pure despair I have ever experienced) Yes its pretty ridiculous that us fans are so emotionally invested in this sad sack bunch of losers but that is life as an Buffalo NFL fan for now. Real change will come when Wilson dies and a professional approach is taken from the top down with the organization. I just hope they dont move. I dont think this team is cursed but if you keep hiring incompetent people to run things year after year it starts to feel that way. The Pats were the same as us until their owner changed and they got serious with running the team. Thats why they are a success and we suck ass.

It is just a game man, don't cry, the dudes making millions don't cry, hell some don't even care! Life is to short to cry over the Bills

It is a game, entertainment, not life or death. You are investing way too much emotion into this team.

We Bills fans, like no other NFL fanbase for the past 10 years, are like the victims of domestic abuse who still go back to their loser spouses insult after insult, beating after beating, because we just know they could turn the corner for the good any week now.

It's a sickness, we know it's a sickness, we know far more often than not they're going to rip our hearts out in sickly fashion, we don't see any bright light in the near future, and we still can't stop.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

You cried in front of your girlfriend? Wow dude, throw the remote or something like that but to cry over a team that was 3-5 in a regular season game. I might actually accept this if it was a playoff game or something. Man up.

We Bills fans, like no other NFL fanbase for the past 10 years, are like the victims of domestic abuse who still go back to their loser spouses insult after insult, beating after beating, rape after rape, because we just know they could turn the corner for the good any week now.

It's a sickness, we know it's a sickness, we know far more often than not they're going to rip our hearts out in sickly fashion, we don't see any bright light in the near future, and we still can't stop.

Comparing being a Bills fan to rape and violence is a little sick. If you feel like that you need to take a break.

PTR

Comparing being a Bills fan to rape and violence is a little sick. If you feel like that you need to take a break.

PTR

It's the same mindset. Obviously it's not physical violence. If you're really that literal, don't know what to say.

Let me rephrase it for you. We're duped week in week out by a team that rarely gives back. Better?

We all deserve a break.

(Took out the more offensive out of the two words, but the analogy still applies).

Wish I could take a week off...but we have Thursday night, where we play "spoilers" to the Dolphins midseason.

Edited by Just in Atlanta