A Shoutout to Bill From NYC, and Others.......

Bill, in light of hurricane Sandy last week, and now that 'noreaster with its snow, I hope you & your family are safe, warm & doing fine. I singled you out because you're the only poster I know that's from NYC. But that doesn't mean I hope that not only Bills fans, but everyone in Jersey, NYC, Deleware, Maryland & all the areas that were hit by Sandy/noreaster snow storm are warm, safe, & have food.

Our prayers are with you. lGo Bills!!!!!!!

I'm actually going to be in Manhattan next week starting on Wednesday. I don't know if people still go to McFadden's or how well it survived the storm, but I'd love to try to catch the game if possible. Anyone here go there for games?

I'm actually going to be in Manhattan next week starting on Wednesday. I don't know if people still go to McFadden's or how well it survived the storm, but I'd love to try to catch the game if possible. Anyone here go there for games?

Manhattan north of Canal Street did ok with the storm, but power was out for many south of 39th for a while. McFadden's is on 42, so they're probably fine.

Would you be interested in posting an update of what it's like when U get back? Go Bills!!!

Bill, in light of hurricane Sandy last week, and now that 'noreaster with its snow, I hope you & your family are safe, warm & doing fine. I singled you out because you're the only poster I know that's from NYC. But that doesn't mean I hope that not only Bills fans, but everyone in Jersey, NYC, Deleware, Maryland & all the areas that were hit by Sandy/noreaster snow storm are warm, safe, & have food.

Our prayers are with you. lGo Bills!!!!!!!

Thanks so much!!! I didn't do so bad, but a few of my friends got hit very hard. What we now need is gasoline, and I can't understand the delay.

Thanks so much!!! I didn't do so bad, but a few of my friends got hit very hard. What we now need is gasoline, and I can't understand the delay.

I live in southern Westchester myself--we lost power for about a week, but got it back right after last week's Bills game (BTW, check out the White Wolf in White Plains on Bills Sunday if folks in the area need a place to watch the game). Can't complain too much, as many others have it much, much worse.

In terms of the gas, I think the shortages have to do with a combination of no power to get gas up from the tanks, the storm disrupting the ability to resupply for tons of reasons and increased demands due to hoarding behavior (a natural human emotion in times of shortage, so I'm not making moral judgments here) and generators. It seems to have eased a bit in my area in the last 2-3 days, fortunately....

You're welcome. So sorry to hear about your friends and I hope everyone gets back to normal ASAP. Also, Bill, looking forward to your next installment of: A Few Thoughts About the Game, In No Particular Order

I admit, I am a Bill from NYC junkie. Win or Lose, I am waiting for his take. A few weeks back when it was delayed I was all pissed off.

As a side note Bill, I have been watching a series on Discovery called Moonshiners. These guys use propane to fire the still, but every time I watch the show it reminds me of the first random Grateful Dead Lyric you posted:

Daddy made whiskey and he made it well, Cost two dollars and it burned like hell.

I cut hickory just to fire the still, Drink down a bottle and you're ready to kill.

Hope you are well fellow friend of the Devil.

Edited by THE GASH STATION

Welcome to your life on an island. Two factors still hurting you. LIPA's restoration is much slower than other utilities' in the area. My brother i law just got power in Oceanside yesterday. I think big chunks of LI are still out (not counting total destruction in Long Beach & Island Park). Second is the Phillips refinery in Linden which supplies a huge portion of tri-state gasoline is supposed to be down for another week, maybe longer. So there's far fewer supplies to finally make it to East LI. The gas rationing that went into effect two days ago should help you. There are very few lines in NJ lately.