What Ralph said at dinner

Uhh!! I believe Mike was sticking up for You. BTW I don't doubt your info is legit. I have known people in the Bills organization over the years and still do to some extent but don't share stuff anymore here because whats to gain? I have friends from TBD that I share info with that know that what I tell them is usually 99% correct but won't post it here anymore because it just brings childish scorn. There are other posters that I know, that have good insight into what the pulse of the Bills is, so-to-speak, that share info with me that won't post it here also. IM a little older than most here and for most of my generation you could count on a persons word. Too, too bad for those of you in the me generation that you can't believe or trust anyone.

191444[/snapback]

Here's to us "little bit" older posters and giving someone the benefit of the doubt. Besides enjoying some of the better comments from posters, I have always enjoyed any inside info I have seen on this board. If you don't believe it or don't want to read it...then DON'T!

I for one, thank anyone for an inside scoop!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep bringing the scoops. Lancaster Steve is my friend and sits next to me at the Bills games.  Steve knows people at OBD who drop him some inside info from time to time. His info has been dead on too many times to ignore.

You are always welcome to drop some inside info. If not, e-mail us and we'll exchange what we know.

191499[/snapback]

Thank You my friend. Many times in the past I would be told about certain things that were in the "works" or had a good possibilty of occurring but held off saying anything because usually it was requested that I didn't. I guess IM "old school" or maybe IM just old, but I was taught that if you give your word, you keep it, for that is a bond of trust that once broken can never be repaired. It is truely a fragile gift.

Thank You my friend. Many times in the past I would be told about certain things that were in the "works" or had a good possibilty of occurring but held off saying anything because usually it was requested that I didn't. I guess IM "old school" or maybe IM just old, but I was taught that if you give your word, you keep it, for that is a bond of trust that once broken can never be repaired. It is truely a fragile gift.

191679[/snapback]

Honest, trustworthy AND wise. That's our Steve! (I'd say good-looking, too, but Lisa might slap me). :P

Everyone,

Thanks for the emails and posts. I shouldn't have lashed out, I'm still hurting from yesterday (I have Panther PSL's and they picked Sunday to have a bad game too). It's like dating the pretty girl who decides she wants to be just friends. That feeling sticks in your gut for a long time.

My buddy just called me tonight to talk football. He said he feels sorry for me, but wants me to jump on the Steelers bandwagon. I told him it would be a cold day in hell, but keep sending me scoop from his co-worker.

Peace!

• 3 weeks later...
From today'[s Buffalo News -

Donahoe has been Bledsoe's biggest supporter up to now. But things changed after Bledsoe played so miserably against Pittsburgh here in the season finale. It's not an overreaction to say that one game changed everything. When Bledsoe couldn't get it done against a bunch of backups, he let the team down and put his future here in question.

Guess my source was pretty legit...

191778[/snapback]

WORD

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump - but I found this interesting...

BILLS DEMOTE BLEDSOE

"Apparently the last straw for Bills management was the final regular-season game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, a game the Bills needed to win to make the playoffs. Going against Steelers backups for most of the day, Bledsoe turned in an uninspired performance (16 for 30, 189 yards, 1 INT) and was sacked three times. On one of the sacks Bledsoe was blind-sided before fumbling the ball, which was returned for a touchdown in the fourth quarter.

Before the loss to Pittsburgh, the Bills had won six straight games, but it wasn't enough to save Bledsoe's job. "

hmmmmm

Sorry for the bump - but I found this interesting...

BILLS DEMOTE BLEDSOE

"Apparently the last straw for Bills management was the final regular-season game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, a game the Bills needed to win to make the playoffs. Going against Steelers backups for most of the day, Bledsoe turned in an uninspired performance (16 for 30, 189 yards, 1 INT) and was sacked three times. On one of the sacks Bledsoe was blind-sided before fumbling the ball, which was returned for a touchdown in the fourth quarter.

Before the loss to Pittsburgh, the Bills had won six straight games, but it wasn't enough to save Bledsoe's job. "

hmmmmm

238321[/snapback]

It's interesting but it's the most obvious thing you can point to. Some here would like you to believe otherwise, but Drew is the single biggest reason we lost that game, period.

Some here would like you to believe otherwise, but Drew is the single biggest reason we lost that game, period.

238524[/snapback]

And some here can't help but blame Drew for everything. I know Drew especially had a hard time in that game keeping a rookie running back from the University of Abu's Mini-mart from rushing for over a hundred yards...and I really hated to watch Drew try to stop that game-killing nine-minute drive. And if only Drew was able to get more pressure on St. Pierre. Yessir...single biggest reason we lost that game.

(Dear Mods...I hope this is not seen as disturbing, inconsiderate, rude or improper, and that you will allow this post to remain.)

And some here can't help but blame Drew for everything. I know Drew especially had a hard time in that game keeping a rookie running back from the University of Abu's Mini-mart from rushing for over a hundred yards...and I really hated to watch Drew try to stop that game-killing nine-minute drive. And if only Drew was able to get more pressure on St. Pierre. Yessir...single biggest reason we lost that game.

(Dear Mods...I hope this is not seen as disturbing, inconsiderate, rude or improper, and that you will allow this post to remain.)

238590[/snapback]

Let me point out that I did not say "the ONLY reason", but rather "the single BIGGEST reason".

He gave away 10 crucial points in the game with bonehead mistakes.

Let me point out that I did not say "the ONLY reason", but rather "the single BIGGEST reason".

He gave away 10 crucial points in the game with bonehead mistakes.

238593[/snapback]

He wasn't even that. He had a crappy game, but there is no way he was the single biggest reason when you have one of the BEST defenses in the world and they couldn't stop a bunch of fourth-string chicks from scoring.

I have a feeling that if there was any doubt residing with TD or MM regarding who to go with, Ralph got involved and "helped" them with their decision.

238561[/snapback]

I don't know. I think Ralph forced TD's hand in extending Drew's contract last year, and that TD & MM finally convinced Ralph that enough was enough after the Steelers fiasco.