1st Round QBs Buffalo Passed on since 2000

1B4IDie

I don't think the bills were ever considering picking a qb in the first round after the Losman pick. They seemed fixed on running backs and defensive backs. More interesting are the offensive and defensive linemen and linebackers they passed on in the first round in favor of going three and four deep at running back.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt matter who is playing QB. Its the obvious thing to do. Blame the QB. When this team isnt giving up 35-50 points a game then I will blame the QB. In fact the 3 games that the defense didnt allow an obsurd amount of points we actually won. Is Fitzpatrick going to be a hall of famer and multi time pro bowler? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Is Andy Dalton, Christian Ponder, Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Josh Freeman, Brandon Weeden, Matt Schaub, Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford, Alex Smith or Russell Wilson??? Absolutely not. But all of them have proven they can win games in the NFL with the right system or gameplan. Lets focus on our problems here. WE HAVE NO DEFENSE!

Matt Schaub has a career average of 7.8 yards per attempt; as compared to 7.5 yards per attempt for Tom Brady and 7.6 yards per attempt for Peyton Manning. Over the course of his career, Schaub has thrown almost twice as many TDs as INTs--roughly the same TD:INT ratio as Peyton Manning. QB rating isn't a particularly useful stat, but for whatever it's worth, Brady, Schaub, and Manning each have career QB ratings in the low to mid 90s.

Matt Schaub is the most underrated QB in the NFL. A strong argument could be made that he's one of the five best QBs in the league.

So, do you wish to go on record as saying that none of the QBs you mentioned have ever thrown an INT in the final three minutes of a game?

Even if everyone of those QBs was found to have done that, it wouldn't matter. You'd further narrow it down by home vs. road game or wearing dark jerseys vs. lighter ones or only while wearing pink-taped shoes during cancer awareness month or any other inane qualifier you can find.

We get it. None of them are Fitz. But EVERY ONE of them has made bone-headed, mind numbing mistakes while playing QB in the NFL. And you know that. It's just a weak argument to suggest otherwise.

GO BILLS!!!

1.) Why would you ask me if I'm going on record?

Clearly I am on record I wrote it down.

2.) Why would you then summarize what I wrote incorrectly?

It is a challenge for you to find as many instances where the players mentioned did this:

Yes you do have to find every time the QBs mentioned threw an Int with 3 mins left in the game where their team had a 3+ point lead.

That is going to be an extremely short list and be may be null.

That level of incompetence doesn't happen often in the NFL. Atleast by players that are still in the NFL.

It shouldn't be too difficult. It is a very specific point in time in the game and point differential by the teams playing.

A NFL QB has to understand the game at hand, the position on the field, the time left and the situation and NOT throw a risky pass. Its a job requisite.

Matt Schaub has a career average of 7.8 yards per attempt; as compared to 7.5 yards per attempt for Tom Brady and 7.6 yards per attempt for Peyton Manning. Over the course of his career, Schaub has thrown almost twice as many TDs as INTs--roughly the same TD:INT ratio as Peyton Manning. QB rating isn't a particularly useful stat, but for whatever it's worth, Brady, Schaub, and Manning each have career QB ratings in the low to mid 90s.

Matt Schaub is the most underrated QB in the NFL. A strong argument could be made that he's one of the five best QBs in the league.

There was an earlier thread about the class of 2004 which Matt Schuab is a member.

The Texans are the favorite in the AFC and are mostly a young team that is positioned for multiple Super Bowl runs. If he gets two rings he will be a HoFer.

It has always amazed me how few quality QB's are available in a draft.

I agree. It is amazing that the only QB class to have more than 1 multiple Super Bowl winning QBs is the class of 2004. And Rivers and Schuab may still get a ring or two themselves.

Edited by Why So Serious?

1.) Why would you ask me if I'm going on record?

Clearly I am on record I wrote it down.

2.) Why would you then summarize what I wrote incorrectly?

It is a challenge for you to find as many instances where the players mentioned did this:

I don't think I summarized anything incorrectly.

But the more I think about what you wrote, the more ridiculous it is. And it's not even worth my time to check to see if any of those QBs ever made a bad decision with the game on the line because, according to your logic, it's on them NEVER to do it in the future as well.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think I summarized anything incorrectly.

But the more I think about what you wrote, the more ridiculous it is. And it's not even worth my time to check to see if any of those QBs ever made a bad decision with the game on the line because, according to your logic, it's on them NEVER to do it in the future as well.

GO BILLS!!!

I put together a well researched post.

Then you called me.

I then highlighted the scenario and pointed out it is unlikely any of the QBs threw an interception with 3 mins left in a game that their team had 3+ point lead.

You then must have a realized it is very unlikely that those QBs threw an Int with 3 mins left in a game that their team had a 3+ point lead and now you're trying to back out.

If its not worth your time to get facts to back up your statements than its not worth your time or any one else's time to post "its not worth your time to get actually facts. "

Don't call someone out if you're not willing to back it up.

I put together a well researched post.

Then you called me.

I then highlighted the scenario and pointed out it is unlikely any of the QBs threw an interception with 3 mins left in a game that their team had 3+ point lead.

You then must have a realized it is very unlikely that those QBs threw an Int with 3 mins left in a game that their team had a 3+ point lead and now you're trying to back out.

If its not worth your time to get facts to back up your statements than its not worth your time or any one else's time to post "its not worth your time to get actually facts. "

Don't call someone out if you're not willing to back it up.

Called out? Can't back it up? Trying to back out? Are you serious? Are you 12?

Carefully researched post? I didn't respond to any other portion of your post. Perhaps the rest of it was carefully researched. I don't doubt that.

But I strongly doubt that the part I "called you out on" as you put it, was researched at all. It was just another way of saying Fitz sucks and you wish we had any of those other QBs. And you just could have stopped there. Or are you saying you actually researched whether or not all those QBs ever made that mistake? Are you saying you went and checked every game log for every QB you named for every game they have played to date? Made sure that none of them were in the lead with 3 minutes left and up by 3 or more before throwing an INT? Before you posted that opinion? I simply don't believe that.

You made an argument with a completely theoretical assertion that none of those QBs would make that mistake with three minutes left in a game. That simply cannot be stated as fact for no other reason than you can't predict the future. As soon as any of them DO make that mistake your argument is lost.

It's easier to just say Fitz blows, those other guys are better, and it's too bad we don't have one of them.

GO BILLS!!!