Could one coach provide so many bad answers in one interview?

Stop being so nieve. Coach speak....

coach speak or not, it's nearly unintelligible. i mean, if you met this guy at a party and he said he was a stock broker you'd walk away laughing saying "what a moron". yet some find it reasonable to believe that he can match wits with some of the best football minds in the nfl. how wilson became impressed by this guy, i'll never know.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuts to getting 3rd and 7. What kills us is all the times our D actually has 3rd and long - 3rd and 9, 3rd and 14, 3rd and 8 - AND WE LET THEM CONVERT.

One reason why I send for the "Wambulance" at all the theories our poor D is just psyched out and overworked because of our offense. If you want rest, fellows, EARN IT. Get 3rd and long and then GET OFF THE FIELD.

Amen. Ball control offenses that keep an opposing offense of the field are a NICE to have.

Defenses that can get off the field on their own are a MUST have.

It is simply NOT the responsibility of your offense to force teams to go three and out.

GO BILLS!!!

You are simply making excuses for Buddy Nix / Chan Gailey and this regime. I'm not sure why either because at 13-26 this might be the worst GM / HC in franchise history. Even the 2-14 1984-85 Buffalo Bills never fielded a defense as bad as the current one. Considering the majority of the last 3 drafts have been for the defensive side.

The Bills never even made an attempt at Manning or any rookie QB (besides 2010 7th round Brown) the last 3 years, thus furthering my point.

A point was, if Nix is so astute at recognizing QB talent, then why didn't he even make an attempt at Andy Dalton, Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill? All three teams have a better record then the Bills, and 2 of them are rookies!! Plus any or all 3 could develop into an elite QB, you don't know. All I know is they are winning. Another point here is Nix isn't very astute at recognizing any talent, much less the QB position. The ONLY QB I know they would have taken the last 3 years was Cam Newton, and how is he doing in his second year?

How are the drafts and free agent signings the last 3 years and how is that equating to wins? 100 Million to Mr invisible.

I'm not making any excuses for Buddy Nix or Chan Gailey. Not even close. The record speaks for itself.

The premise was that Nix/Gailey don't know the value of having an elite QB at the position. They do. To suggest they don't is ridiculous.

The premise is also that they've passed on selecting all these elite QBs in their three drafts. That's also ridiculous at this point. NONE of them, save Tannehill was considered first round material, and NOBODY pegged him as another Luck or Griffin. And if not for his former college HC becoming the Phins' OC, they never would have taken him when they did. But I know, you were SCREAMING for the Bills to take Tanehill the entire time.

But they are not Fitz. Again, I get it. But to suggest that Miami and Seattle have the records they do is due to elite QB play is beyond ridiculous.

Oh, and I'd LOVE to see your posts suggesting we shouldn't have signed MW. Again, AT THE TIME.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Dear lord, the **** some of you criticize the coaching staff for is ridiculous.

Some points on various things I've heard in this thread:

• Listen to Gailey with competent interviewers - like Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan - and he'll talk about Xs and Os as long as you want.
  • The percentages for an offense to convert is much, much lower at 3rd and 7 or more than it is for 3rd and less than 7.
  • The most successful teams build accountability to each other as teammates. Everyone wants to be a valued member of a winning team. That doesn't come from some sense of accountability to your boss.
  • These guys are professionals. They aren't going to suddenly get passionate for the game from having their coach berate them on national television. If they don't already have a passion for the game of football, then we're quite frankly choosing the wrong people to be on the team in the first place.

That being said, the biggest problem that I've seen is we're not able to get effective pressure with our front 4. It's actually been better with Kelsay in the lineup. Pat Kirwan talked a little bit about that today. Essentially, he indicated that with Kelsay in the lineup, he's our best DLineman at understanding where the linemen are, where the gaps are, and pushing the OL into position to allow our other pass rushing linemen to get good matchups and rushing lanes.

It feels like the biggest thing we're missing is a clear path to making the defense work. The upgraded DL hasn't figured out how to work with each other yet, and given all the injuries, I'm not sure that's going to happen anytime soon. The linebackers are out of position quite often, and the DBs have issues in coverage. All of these combined are making for a defense that doesn't have any real strengths.

Good post! :thumbsup:

Amen. Ball control offenses that keep an opposing offense of the field are a NICE to have.

Defenses that can get off the field on their own are a MUST have.

It is simply NOT the responsibility of your offense to force teams to go three and out.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not making any excuses for Buddy Nix or Chan Gailey. Not even close. The record speaks for itself.

The premise was that Nix/Gailey don't know the value of having an elite QB at the position. They do. To suggest they don't is ridiculous.

The premise is also that they've passed on selecting all these elite QBs in their three drafts. That's also ridiculous at this point. NONE of them, save Tannehill was considered first round material, and NOBODY pegged him as another Luck or Griffin. And if not for his former college HC becoming the Phins' OC, they never would have taken him when they did. But I know, you were SCREAMING for the Bills to take Tanehill the entire time.

But they are not Fitz. Again, I get it. But to suggest that Miami and Seattle have the records they do is due to elite QB play is beyond ridiculous.

Oh, and I'd LOVE to see your posts suggesting we shouldn't have signed MW. Again, AT THE TIME.

GO BILLS!!!

Miami & Seattle may not have elite quarterbacks, but their future is so bright they have to wear shades, and most know it.

Miami & Seattle may not have elite quarterbacks, but their future is so bright they have to wear shades, and most know it.

I agree. Gotta love those great defenses in Seattle and Miami this year.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not making any excuses for Buddy Nix or Chan Gailey. Not even close. The record speaks for itself. You certainly are by agreeing with their thoughts about no QB good enough to use a draft pick on or bring is as a FA.

The premise was that Nix/Gailey don't know the value of having an elite QB at the position. They do. To suggest they don't is ridiculous. The Patriots sure did't need Ryan Mallett but at least they drafted a QB to develop JIC. My entire point was thru 21 draft picks the last 3 years there was no QB to even try and draft to develop? They only way this regime can justify selection a QB is if he is Cam Newton or better? If that is the case they could have made an effort to trade up for RG3, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton. Instead they sit on their hands with a backup loser QB for 3 years.

Plus, they haven't made any effort at all to bring in a top free agent QB, even Matt Flynn could have given Fitz some serious competition. Not to mention even considering Manning. This regime is completely married to Fitz no matter how badly he plays. Which to me is the only thing here that is ridiculous!!

I never stated I liked Tannehill at all. The point being is this regime hasn't EVEN TRIED to look at someone other then Fitz, which again is ridiculous!

But they are not Fitz. Again,I get it. But to suggest that Miami and Seattle have the records they do is due to elite QB play is beyond ridiculous.No you don't get it! I never said anything about either QB being elite, so don't put words in my mouth! I merely pointed out that those two teams are winning with rookie QB's, and one or both may become elite in the future.

Oh, and I'd LOVE to see your posts suggesting we shouldn't have signed MW. Again, AT THE TIME. Again, this is something I never suggested

GO BILLS!!!

The ONLY thing beyond ridiculous is the way you keep changing what I'm saying.

The mere fact that other teams could invest in rookies or free agents tells me that they want options other then their starting QB. Bottom line is this regime is married to Ryan Fitzpatrick without even a decent back up or rookie QB on the roster to challenge him for the starting position. This has been my main point.

Its also is a big reason why this regime is 13-26, and will continue to lose until they find a viable solution other then Fitz.