New Bountygate info

NoSaint

Vilma's legal team filed an e-mail from former Saints assistant Mike Cerullo to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello dated Nov. 2, 2011.

Here are the contents of the e-mail, verbatim:

"So I have info on Saints Joe Vitt Lying to your NFL Investigator on Bounties from 2010, along with proof!!!

I was there, in the cover up meeting, with players and Joe, I love the NFL and want to work there again, but I am afraid if I tell thge truth I will never coach again in NFL, But I was fired for a situation that the Saints encourage..

All I want is a Job back in the NFL as a QC Coach anywhere, so If talking to you jepodizes that I will have to get back to you, but The Saints are a Dirty Organization

Contact me

mike c"

Perhaps not the email I'd write to Greg aiello if I were an unemployed quality control coach. Frankly it reads like a drunk text to an ex if you ask me. Especially knowing he was fired for disappearing from the team and lying about his whereabouts and ended up saving a napkin as his evidence from the alleged favre incident for two years. Word was he was angry with joe vitt in particular and this seems to confirm that.

Still curious to see if he ends up having to talk to ginsberg in court or appeals.

The whole thing hangs on his statements and this is just about the only lawyer free thing I've seen from him, besides a handful of tweets and 1-2 interviews from 2009. Still trying to get a read on the man. The more that comes out the less impressed I am.

Dirty is still dirty. Two wrongs don't make it right.

what i was getting at is this is a guy that has a history of lying, a desire for revenge, and a real sketchy story.

i read that letter and half get the feeling he was trying to trade info for a job. i also think its shady that the nfl only released the single email, and hasnt provided the actual thread.

well, what if instead of saving that napkin for two years he wrote some nonsense on one, and shot an email over to aiello? his story doesnt match gregg williams, and neither of them match the dozen players and coaches that have gone under oath to say it never happened.

i dont doubt they had the PFP program, but theres no consistency on the 10k issue, and thats the very core of the major suspensions. this still gets much uglier before it gets resolved. i know vilmas doing the core of the fighting now, but i think in the long run they will very much regret tying fujita to this. just something to keep an eye on. i think its the most under reported dynamic of the whole thing. fujita is going to go to the wall on this, and allegedly has more information than the nfl would like. if his career is done, he also will come across as a man fighting on principal and not for a game check.

Edited by NoSaint

The email looks like a poorly written bulletin board post.

That's what I'm saying. The off punctuation, the multiple typos, the random capital letters. You'd think after two years of stewing that initial contact would surpass THAT. I know if I was emailing a top dog at a 9 billion dollar company about bringing a huge scandal to light it wouldn't read like a JW post at 4am. It just stood out as strange to me, given the context.

Also, As I said earlier the content has a feel of "trade this for a job" but it could just be his poor writing.

Edit: no harm meant towards JW or his occassional 4am posts.

Edited by NoSaint

That's what I'm saying. The off punctuation, the multiple typos, the random capital letters. You'd think after two years of stewing that initial contact would surpass THAT. I know if I was emailing a top dog at a 9 billion dollar company about bringing a huge scandal to light it wouldn't read like a JW post at 4am. It just stood out as strange to me, given the context.

Also, As I said earlier the content has a feel of "trade this for a job" but it could just be his poor writing.

Edit: no harm meant towards JW or his occassional 4am posts.

I agree 100 percent, this is nothing more than him vying for another NFL job, and saying, if you hook me up, I'll hook you up.

I truly believe when all is said and done, this is going to come back to bite the commissioner in the you know what.

NoSaint, while I am a Bills fan first and foremost, my wife is from New Orleans, so I always tell everyone i am a Saints fan by marriage. With the state of the Saints, and with the current record, the loss of coach payton for the year, and the remaining daunting schedule, have you conceded this year, and just decided to start fresh next year? Basically they would have to run the table, with maybe, maybe one more loss to contend for a wild card....thoughts?