After 30 years I've stopped caring

jeffhcb1

I've been watching this team for 30 years. And I honestly say it no longer bothers me when they lose. In fact, I root for them to lose, to hit rock bottom and either be sold or taken over by a new owner.

The league has passed this franchise by. Sure we have a few talented guys, you cant help not having a few given the high draft picks each and every year. But this organization is a joke. Its no different from any bad company, run by bad management. They rarely improve. Why do some teams have 3,4,5,6 SuperBowl trophies and others have none? Simple, the ownership, culture, management, people. And the Bills have only regressed while other teams have improved.

I'm not sure any of the front office, coaching or scouting staff would even have a job were it not for the Bills. Its so so so much more than just this guy or that guy, or this player or that player. its everything. They've lost the game before its begun, they just don't know it. They show no ability to evaluate talent in any level of the organization. This is a people business and that is where they have absolutely no competence, evaluating personnel, whether it be players, coaches, front office, you name it. Does anyone seriously think that Ralph Wilson can compete with an owner like Bob Kraft? Its not even fair. I'm not sure you could do a worse job on purpose. The first step to improving is identifying a problem; telling yourself the truth. And they haven't done that. Heck aren't even aware of it. And after 30 years I'm just tired. Tired of them not getting it, not knowing how far behind they are, how backwards the organization is. They are so so so far away from any of the elite teams its not even funny.

I'm not sure why they are even allowed to have a franchise. If you cannot get better, step aside and let someone else have a shot. Sell the team Ralph, end this 50 year run of mediocrity (ex the 5-6 good years you had by lucking your way into Polian). I'm done.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And like a failing Wall Street bank the Bills get tens of millions of dollars per year from other members of the league and the tax payers of New York State. Without this "corporate welfare" our Bills would be in another city. The only way we can compete is if we change ownership and start winning. We need an owner with deep pockets and a willingness to lose a lot of money for the first five years.

Im not 'done', however I am in a place where I look forward to the season and experience highs when they win. When they lose, I am not affected by it, disappointed, angry, etc... Its a good place.

I am in the school of thought that thinks this will only change with new ownership/upper management.... However I am careful what I wish for because that new ownership could also mean that there would be no more Buffalo Bills.

Winning a few extra games each year does nothing but hold them back from making real and lasting change. It creates nothing but false hope. It makes the organization try to rationalize poor performance, by thinking "hey we're not that bad," or "we just need a few more pieces and we'll be there." Rubbish. That's a loser mentality, rationalizing poor results. And it will never be broken until they face the facts. If you cant see that I feel bad for you.

I've been watching this team for 30 years. And I honestly say it no longer bothers me when they lose. In fact, I root for them to lose, to hit rock bottom and either be sold or taken over by a new owner.

The league has passed this franchise by. Sure we have a few talented guys, you cant help not having a few given the high draft picks each and every year. But this organization is a joke. Its no different from any bad company, run by bad management. They rarely improve. Why do some teams have 3,4,5,6 SuperBowl trophies and others have none? Simple, the ownership, culture, management, people. And the Bills have only regressed while other teams have improved.

I'm not sure any of the front office, coaching or scouting staff would even have a job were it not for the Bills. Its so so so much more than just this guy or that guy, or this player or that player. its everything. They've lost the game before its begun, they just don't know it. They show no ability to evaluate talent in any level of the organization. This is a people business and that is where they have absolutely no competence, evaluating personnel, whether it be players, coaches, front office, you name it. Does anyone seriously think that Ralph Wilson can compete with an owner like Bob Kraft? Its not even fair. I'm not sure you could do a worse job on purpose. The first step to improving is identifying a problem; telling yourself the truth. And they haven't done that. Heck aren't even aware of it. And after 30 years I'm just tired. Tired of them not getting it, not knowing how far behind they are, how backwards the organization is. They are so so so far away from any of the elite teams its not even funny.

I'm not sure why they are even allowed to have a franchise. If you cannot get better, step aside and let someone else have a shot. Sell the team Ralph, end this 50 year run of mediocrity (ex the 5-6 good years you had by lucking your way into Polian). I'm done.

I hear where you're coming from. However, I'd argue that there might be hope on the horizon. I'm sure this is the very first time in the last 30 years when you've heard that sentiment expressed! :)

There are two separate, but not necessarily mutually exclusive, possibilities for the team's incompetence.

1) The incompetence is caused by poor ownership.

2) The incompetence is caused by the lack of a franchise quarterback.

As for 1), even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut. Meaning, that even an owner like Ralph Wilson will sometimes hire a Bill Polian. Could Nix be another Polian? Maybe--the jury is still out on that.

As for 2), nine of the last ten Super Bowls were won by teams with franchise quarterbacks. The Bills have had only one franchise quarterback in team history: Jim Kelly. (To anyone who says Jack Kemp, my response is: look at his stats.) Not coincidentally, the Kelly era was the only time in franchise history when the Bills even made it to the Super Bowl.

If you were to add a franchise QB to the Bills, heal Mario Williams' wrist, replace the defensive coordinator, and make a few other changes, this could be a real team. My suggestion to you is: don't set your hopes high for this team, until such time as a franchise QB has been added.