2:00 Drill

Haplo848

Everyone has been tearing apart the past few Bills performances, trying to figure out what's wrong, but surprisingly I haven't seen anyone mentioning the 2:00 drills in the past game and a half. Of all the parts of those two games that were pathetic, I felt they were the most.

In AZ, with almost 2 minutes left, we don't even try to move the ball, and instead just try to burn time. That fails epically as we only burn 15 seconds off the clock, giving it back to the Cards with about 1:30 left on the clock, and tried our hardest to lose the game. Only Carrington's tip and Byrds OT interception saved us.

Against the Titans, we had the ball in the lasts 2 minutes and seemed to keep to the same strategy. Only a 15 yard penalty tacked on after a catch seemed to give any impetus to the offense, letting them think they had a chance to score. Even then, it seemed like they played to make sure they got a field goal, and that they didn't even try for a touchdown.

In the 4th quarter, we got the ball back with over 1 minute and two time outs left. We try and dink and dunk it down the middle of the field on first and second down, burning time and timeouts while going a total of 8 yards. Incompletions on 3rd and 4th down and its game.

All in all, we have the worst 2 minute drill I have ever seen. It's beyond pathetic.

Chance would greatly favor the opposing defense if the Bills are down in a game with less than 2 minutes to play and need a TD. You need a legit QB to run the two minute drill and that player is not currently available in the Bills organization.

That last pass to Stevie really had me seing red. He was open, prob. about the 50 yard line or so, might pick up another

10-15 yards if the pass is even in the same area code. Fitz would have had the first down, clock would have been down to

about 23 seconds, and chances are Stevie would have gotten out of bounds therby saving the timeout for the FG.

We would have had to pick up another 10-15 yard to give Lindell a fighting chance, possibly another sideline route or a

quick completion and a spike.

Fitz, just like last game, or was it the one before, promptly throws a wounded duck about 10 yards high and out of bounds.

The protection looked significant enough that he didn't have to hurry either, so not making excuses for the D, that's a whole nother

story, sorry, but this one, like many before is squarely on Fitzmistake's shoulders, or should I say arm, no, that might mislead

people into thinking that he has one.Geeeeeezzzzzzz!WTF!!!!!!!

That last pass to Stevie really had me seing red. He was open, prob. about the 50 yard line or so, might pick up another

10-15 yards if the pass is even in the same area code. Fitz would have had the first down, clock would have been down to

about 23 seconds, and chances are Stevie would have gotten out of bounds therby saving the timeout for the FG.

We would have had to pick up another 10-15 yard to give Lindell a fighting chance, possibly another sideline route or a

quick completion and a spike.

Fitz, just like last game, or was it the one before, promptly throws a wounded duck about 10 yards high and out of bounds.

The protection looked significant enough that he didn't have to hurry either, so not making excuses for the D, that's a whole nother

story, sorry, but this one, like many before is squarely on Fitzmistake's shoulders, or should I say arm, no, that might mislead

people into thinking that he has one.Geeeeeezzzzzzz!WTF!!!!!!!

What also bothered me was the horrendous use of time outs in the first half. Really? Run a play, TO, run a play, TO, run a play, TO? Do we even practice the 2:00 drill? Does Chan figure our defense and Fitz suck so bad we will never need it? Pretty obvious both sides need work in that dept.

The final 2 minutes was garbage. The only problem with isolating the final 2 minutes is that the defense played like garbage for 60 minutes. I am eager for this team to get a better QB, but the real story this year is that the very best this defense can do is show up for 30 minutes, tops. Sometimes not at all. People with season tickets for the Bills should be able to use them as a charitable deduction for their taxes, then perhaps I would have kept mine.