Has there been a worse regular season loss

Well here I am at work...942 miles in 2 days later...tired as hell....disappointed even more...as for the Bills performance, Im sure everyone here broke it down the same way i feel...Drew MUST go, O-Line needs to get better, defense does not come up big when it absolutely has to etc....but heck it was a good run and at least the Bills made it exciting for us for a few weeks when we didnt expect it...and there is hope for this team, legitimate hope.

Driving back on 1-90 and 1-81 last night I was trying to think if there has been a worse regular season Bills loss, considering what was at stake and the type of team (3rd and 4th stringers, no disrespect meant to Pittsburgh) we were playing. Right now i cannot think of a worse loss in the REGULAR season....anyone else know of any?

I need coffee.

At least the Jags were playign 1st stringers...really, I cannot think of a worse loss right now in the regular season....ever.

190280[/snapback]

Good point. But, it's not really fair to discredit players. It's a testimate to how much Cowher obviously knows Mularkey and his schemes.

We got bitchslapped, that's for sure.

you guys really think Week 1 or Week 8 losses are worse then coming up a 6 game winning streak, with a chance to make the playoffs playing a team AT HOME who is playing backups....and the Bills would have made the PLAYOFFS with a win?

Man those Sunday night games and the jags game imo dont even come CLOSE to the feeling I have now....just my 2 cents.

At least the Jags were playign 1st stringers...really, I cannot think of a worse loss right now in the regular season....ever.

190280[/snapback]

you know....on the bright side....i think a loss like the one to the Steelers...is more of a help than a hindrance. The Bills wacked away at 6 consecutive below avg. teams coming into the final game. The real barometer is playing against the best teams. (even though they played their reserves)....the Bills found out, they still need to improve to compete with the elite teams in the league.

you guys really think Week 1 or Week 8 losses are worse then coming up a 6 game winning streak, with a chance to make the playoffs playing a team AT HOME who is playing backups....and the Bills would have made the PLAYOFFS with a win?

Man those Sunday night games and the jags game imo dont even come CLOSE to the feeling I have now....just my 2 cents.

190292[/snapback]

I think it's more that the season is over now. Switch the Jags game and this game in the schedule and the Jags game is much more heartbreaking.

you know....on the bright side....i think a loss like the one to the Steelers...is more of a help than a hindrance.  The Bills wacked away at 6 consecutive below avg. teams coming into the final game.  The real barometer is playing against the best teams.  (even though they played their reserves)....the Bills found out, they still need to improve to compete with the elite teams in the league.

190294[/snapback]

Yep, and who wanted to watch a playoff game on the road anyways. :doh:

If you want to look at history - 1979 season finale loss to Pitt 28-0, but set the stage for a good run. 1987 frustrating Dec loss to New England, as Bills could finally taste playoffs after years of futility - we all know what happened afterwards.

Use this as a cornerstone.

190280[/snapback]

Totally agree....Plus that was the season opener....we still had 15 games to

play...Here was a golden oppurtunity...Jets were losing 21-10 at the end of

our 3rd quarter and we couldn't put the game against the SCRUBS....Damn

that word was haunting me the whole night.....SCRUBS has become a

synonym of WIDE RIGHT for me.....

If you want to look at history - 1979 season finale loss to Pitt 28-0, but set the stage for a good run.  1987 frustrating Dec loss to New England, as Bills could finally taste playoffs after years of futility - we all know what happened afterwards.

Use this as a cornerstone.

190313[/snapback]

Very good points. Lets hope this loss is a cornerstone...just right now because this game was the last week of the season...and considering we werent playing a fully manned Steelers team...it was tough.

Very good points.  Lets hope this loss is a cornerstone...just right now because this game was the last week of the season...and considering we werent playing a fully manned Steelers team...it was tough.

190338[/snapback]

No doubt. It was rough getting out of bed this morning. And then Drew didn't show up for his interview with Wease at 7:30 am. Which really pissed me off. Here's a guy who is suppose to be a leader on and off the field and he can't live up to either obligation in two days???

No doubt. It was rough getting out of bed this morning. And then Drew didn't show up for his interview with Wease at 7:30 am. Which really pissed me off. Here's a guy who is suppose to be a leader on and off the field and he can't live up to either obligation in two days???

190348[/snapback]

Drew better not be the leader of this team in 2005. Unless Teflon Tom and RW love 7-9 or 9-7 seasons.

190292[/snapback]

I was actually more depressed after the Jags game, beacuse I thought we were the better team in that game; plus I was so excited for the season. As for this game I had the "If we can't beat backups at home we don't deserve it" attitude.

But if you define "worst loss" to mean "embarassing" and "inexcusable" then I agree - this one takes the cake.

Well, at least you guys didnt suffer what LABillzfan called the MOST EMBARRASSING UPSET in the last 5 years.    Whoa is me, Whoa is me!!!!! 

Dont you people have empathy?  Can you feel for me and my putrid Patriots?

190388[/snapback]

You must be strong and proud now after posting that right?

Good job TH...you made your day.

Hey, my day and year was already made.

The Patriots are guaranteed to be playing in the second round of the playoffs after winning last year's Super Bowl

The Red Sox won the world series.

I got a new job that starts tomorrow

My 2 kids are healthy and happy

My wife is pregnant with our third child

The holidays were fantastic...

Should I go on?

Its good to be me right now.

Hey, my day and year was already made. 

The Patriots are guaranteed to be playing in the second round of the playoffs after winning last year's Super Bowl

The Red Sox won the world series.

I got a new job that starts tomorrow

My 2 kids are healthy and happy

My wife is pregnant with our third child

The holidays were fantastic...

Should I go on?

Its good to be me right now.

190422[/snapback]

Good for you. Now leave.

Helmet, you need to scale it back, dude... I don't think your kicking us while we're down will keep you out of heaven or anything, but you never know... He's watching...

190431[/snapback]

You know what, let him satisfy himself...really...maybe Ive been harsh this morning and thats not usually me, Im wroking on 3 hrs sleep after driving home to NJ from that embarassment at the Ralph yesterday...but to me to troll on a teams site and wait for bad comments and reply to them with wise ass comments and the Bills coming off a bad loss..to me that is childish. Very childish.

I come here when my team is down and yours is up and I come here when mine is up and yours is down.

Karma my folks, karma. Maybe in the future I'll get mine who knows. If I do, I'll be here to take my lumps. Now sit still while you take yours.

All that silly talk about who you want to play in the AFC Championship game. silly silly bills fans....

I come here when my team is down and yours is up and I come here when mine is up and yours is down.

Karma my folks, karma.    Maybe in the future I'll get mine who knows.    If I do, I'll be here to take my lumps.  Now sit still while you take yours.

All that silly talk about who you want to play in the AFC Championship game.  silly silly bills fans....

190445[/snapback]

So you lump us ALL of of us Bills fans into that "silly" category?? Please!!!! :P;):lol::lol:

I use my head when thinking about football, I know the Bills arent in the Pats league...not like you who likes to rip Manning because he doesnt have a ring...and call his accomplishments "worthless" if he dosent win the SB....

Ill say this right now Bills fans...IF that day EVER comes and thats a BIG IF....that the Bills win the Super Bowl....PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT become like Patsies fans...where rings are EVERYTHING and even if players have a GREAT season (Manning) if they have no rings its worthless...because that kind of thinking will make you sound dumb...REAL REAL dumb.

So you lump us ALL of of us Bills fans into that "silly" category?? Please!!!!  :P  ;)  :lol:  :lol: 

I use my head when thinking about football, I know the Bills arent in the Pats league...not like you who likes to rip Manning because he doesnt have a ring...and call his accomplishments "worthless" if he dosent win the SB....

Ill say this right now Bills fans...IF that day EVER comes and thats a BIG IF....that the Bills win the Super Bowl....PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT become like Patsies fans...where rings are EVERYTHING and even if players have a GREAT season (Manning) if they have no rings its worthless...because that kind of thinking will make you sound dumb...REAL REAL dumb.

190452[/snapback]

I would be very upset if my team's goal wasnt solely about winning the Super Bowl. Football is a team game, individual accomplishments are meaningless.

I guess if you guys set your collective bar lower and root for "good seasons" statistically then good for you. You've had a successful season.

I would be very upset if my team's goal wasnt solely about winning the Super Bowl.      Football is a team game, individual accomplishments are meaningless.     

I guess if you guys set your collective bar lower and root for "good seasons" statistically then good for you.  You've had a successful season.

190463[/snapback]

I dont set the bar lower as a fan..of course winning the SB is the ultimate goal....but if the Bills happened to have a player who indivuidually excelled like noone else has (for example, OJ in 1973 was an exceptional accomplishment at the time and still is) that player should be applauded for their excepectional accomplishment.

So are you implying that Manning isnt really a "team" player and his efforts arent SOLELY about winning the Super Bowl???

Helmet, you need to scale it back, dude... I don't think your kicking us while we're down will keep you out of heaven or anything, but you never know... He's watching...

190431[/snapback]

I said it yesterday, and I'll keep saying it. Thurman's Helmet is a classless, gutless fan. NO BILLS FAN in a similar situation would go to a Pats board and give the other team crap, and if he did, HE'D be classless and gutless, too.

Typical fuggin' Patsy Troll. Just fuggin' typical. Classless and gutless. All the way to the core.