Article about BlackBerrys LOL

Wow, I thought that was an Onion article at first. That's what passes as journalism at the New York Times...? :doh:

The author apparently did no research. Yelp is available on the Blackberry. So is Google Maps. You can easily go to OpenTable (there may even be an app), and to say there's no social media apps is ridiculous -- I had Facebook and Twitter on my Blackberry. In fact, during the Olympics, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry users all made roughly the same number of tweets (which surprised me when I heard that, but hey).

The 9900/9910 has a screen roughly the same size as the iPhone and has a slideout keyboard (I still miss it... :( ). I put it up on eBay and got $220 for it, so there's obviously still a market.

Great article for the Onion. Not so much for the NYT...

Wow, I thought that was an Onion article at first. That's what passes as journalism at the New York Times...? :doh:

The author apparently did no research. Yelp is available on the Blackberry. So is Google Maps. You can easily go to OpenTable (there may even be an app), and to say there's no social media apps is ridiculous -- I had Facebook and Twitter on my Blackberry. In fact, during the Olympics, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry users all made roughly the same number of tweets (which surprised me when I heard that, but hey).

The 9900/9910 has a screen roughly the same size as the iPhone and has a slideout keyboard (I still miss it... :( ). I put it up on eBay and got $220 for it, so there's obviously still a market.

Great article for the Onion. Not so much for the NYT...

FWIW - Both my teenage daughters use Blackberry's and still appreciate the full keyboard for the amount of texting they do. They also use twitter, fb pretty extensively and I haven't heard any complaints.

I miss my keyboard..but this is rather like the betamax argument at this point no? Does it really matter if BB can do everyting a droid or Apple can if the persecption is that it cannot?

Theh only thing I miss about my BB is being able to put the cursor anywhere using the track ball. Trying to put the cursor on the iPhone screen by tap, tap, tapping it bugs the crap out of me.