Wide Receiver Group

I’m curious to get everyone else’s take on this. Going into the season a lot of us were worried about the WR/TE talent on this team. Outside of Stevie, Nelson, and possibly Chandler, I’m not sure many of us knew what to expect from the group. With Nelson going down in week 1, I think most of us figured this group; collectively, would definitely be below average. While the stats may not suggest we have a fearsome passing attack, I do feel this group has surprised and is certainly a serviceable group. The biggest issue for them has been the inconsistent play of Fitz. How many times has our receivers beat coverage only to have a poorly thrown ball? I would say there have been 15-20 passes this year where Fitz has missed our wide open receiver. And some of those misses would have been for big gains; if not touchdowns. Stevie has proven once again to be a great route runner who gets open a lot. His stats show he’s having a down year, but I think we all know a lot of that has to do with Fitz. Chandler has shown to have some of the best hands we’ve seen on this team in awhile. Jones, Graham and Smith (yes –Brad Smith) have all made some difficult catches or beat coverage where the throw hasn’t been there. While I certainly don’t consider this group to be “elite” and while it would be a nice to get another top tier WR to match with Stevie next year, I’m thinking WR may be on the “nice to have” to-do list for the offseason instead of the “must-have” (QB/LB would be first here), especially with getting Nelson back in the fold. I know there is a lot of football left to be played, but I’m interested in getting others opinions on the WR group so far

I like our group. Like you said, Stevie gets open. Chandler has good hands and makes the plays we look to a TE to make. Jones and Graham are both fast and can make catches, but also have had some drops even if Fitz was to blame in part. Graham has gotten open deep a few times and Fitz couldn't hit him. A better passer would do wonders with him. Brad Smith is useful as well.

I’m curious to get everyone else’s take on this. Going into the season a lot of us were worried about the WR/TE talent on this team. Outside of Stevie, Nelson, and possibly Chandler, I’m not sure many of us knew what to expect from the group. With Nelson going down in week 1, I think most of us figured this group; collectively, would definitely be below average. While the stats may not suggest we have a fearsome passing attack, I do feel this group has surprised and is certainly a serviceable group. The biggest issue for them has been the inconsistent play of Fitz. How many times has our receivers beat coverage only to have a poorly thrown ball? I would say there have been 15-20 passes this year where Fitz has missed our wide open receiver. And some of those misses would have been for big gains; if not touchdowns. Stevie has proven once again to be a great route runner who gets open a lot. His stats show he’s having a down year, but I think we all know a lot of that has to do with Fitz. Chandler has shown to have some of the best hands we’ve seen on this team in awhile. Jones, Graham and Smith (yes –Brad Smith) have all made some difficult catches or beat coverage where the throw hasn’t been there. While I certainly don’t consider this group to be “elite” and while it would be a nice to get another top tier WR to match with Stevie next year, I’m thinking WR may be on the “nice to have” to-do list for the offseason instead of the “must-have” (QB/LB would be first here), especially with getting Nelson back in the fold. I know there is a lot of football left to be played, but I’m interested in getting others opinions on the WR group so far

why must every single post contain a "fitz sucks" point? What did Chandler ever do before coming to Buffalo? Nothing. Everything Stevie has done has been with Fitz..what did he do before Fitz? Nothing.

the loss of Nelson was huge b/c him and Fitz have good chemistry and Nelson has superb hands...I like what i've seen from Graham so far and he may turn into a good player...Chandler has been our best receiver so far and Stevie has been solid but him and Fitz don't seem to be on the same page this season at times. Yes, Fitz has not been very accurate this season (even for him), but there have also been several plays where the WR's either don't go up and fight for the ball (stevie 3rd INT vs. pats) or drop very catchable balls as well (Smith on 3rd down in goal line vs. 49ers/Graham yesterday against cards).

in terms of "pure" talent, our WR corps needs an upgrade...Brad Smith and Jones are pretty bad WR's.

why must every single post contain a "fitz sucks" point? What did Chandler ever do before coming to Buffalo? Nothing. Everything Stevie has done has been with Fitz..what did he do before Fitz? Nothing.

the loss of Nelson was huge b/c him and Fitz have good chemistry and Nelson has superb hands...I like what i've seen from Graham so far and he may turn into a good player...Chandler has been our best receiver so far and Stevie has been solid but him and Fitz don't seem to be on the same page this season at times. Yes, Fitz has not been very accurate this season (even for him), but there have also been several plays where the WR's either don't go up and fight for the ball (stevie 3rd INT vs. pats) or drop very catchable balls as well (Smith on 3rd down in goal line vs. 49ers/Graham yesterday against cards).

in terms of "pure" talent, our WR corps needs an upgrade...Brad Smith and Jones are pretty bad WR's.

do you mean "Stevie and Fitz havent been on the same page" like, Stevie is wide open all game b/c hes filthy slick and always beats his man, only to be under/over thrown by Fitz?

why must every single post contain a "fitz sucks" point?

Because Bills fans are never happy unless they have something to B word about. This years complaint is Fitz, Wannstedt, and Smith. Last year it was George Edwards and the 3-4 defense in place of Wannstedt, and Spiller was a main topic of complaint (until Fred got hurt). Three years ago it was Juaron and the Tampa 2 scheme and Trent Edwards. It's a pattern.

How much better would this group & our offense be with a guy like _ _ _ _ _ _ _ fill in the blank !!

Kirk Cousins ? T Jack ? Moore ? J . Campbell ? Mallet ?

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning (either one), Rivers, Roethlisberger...

Because Bills fans are never happy unless they have something to B word about. This years complaint is Fitz, Wannstedt, and Smith. Last year it was George Edwards and the 3-4 defense in place of Wannstedt, and Spiller was a main topic of complaint (until Fred got hurt). Three years ago it was Juaron and the Tampa 2 scheme and Trent Edwards. It's a pattern.

No I think we all bitched about these things because the play form these groups was or is pitiful. The team went out and improved its talent. When you have talent but don't perform you have to look at coaching. Fitz' performance this year is horrible. It is not even close to the rookies playing in the league this year.