Keep an eye on this stadium deal

http://www.newstadiu...experience.com/

The Hamilton Ti-Cats have been pushing for a new stadium for years and apparently just received funding for a new 35K facility Looks like they now plan to build on the current Ivor Wynne Stadium site. But how hard would it be to upgrade to 65K for an NFL team? Just sayin'.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

this has been final and known for a long time. Like funding was in place 2 years ago. The tiCats owner is also kicking in $.

No way the place would be able to host an NFL team. The Stadium is in a pretty tight neighborhood, moreso than RWS. They wouldnt come close to having the infrastructure, parking areas, fan experience, etc for NFL standards.

The stadium is supposed to be smaller than Ivor Wynne

These Canadians suffer from a serious inferiority complex. That's why they built this: The Canadian National Tower! World's largest free-standing structure!

I guess we share your same serious inferiority complex for the NFL team we like too.

this has been final and known for a long time. Like funding was in place 2 years ago. The tiCats owner is also kicking in $.

No way the place would be able to host an NFL team. The Stadium is in a pretty tight neighborhood, moreso than RWS. They wouldnt come close to having the infrastructure, parking areas, fan experience, etc for NFL standards.

The stadium is supposed to be smaller than Ivor Wynne

I've been to Ivor Wynne. I highly recommend anyone wanting to experience what going to the old Rockpile in Buffalo was like to go to a Ti-Cats game. Originally they were looking to build on the outskirts of town, weren't they?

PTR

Im not sure, but as far as I know, they have been planning on the same site for at least a year and turning the stadium 90-degrees. I believe they are playing their home games in London, ON next season while demo/construction takes place.

I agree that it is a great experience to go. Anyone that goes with me that out-ages me agrees instantly that it reminds them of going to an AFL game in the Rockpile. Its a lot different and subdued, but in a way its welcome. You can kind of sit back and take in the game.