I think Fitz will save Chan's job this year...

Mr. WEO

Fitz's inconsistency is the most maddening part of his game. This nonsense that he can only throw short passes because his arm's too weak is getting silly. In the NE game, he threw some strong and long passes right on target. A 35 yard (in the air) perfect over the shoulder drop on a scoring drive that culminated with a 25 yard laser to Chandler. Another TD was a similar great throw and catch to with Chandler-tight and fast from the 20. And the same guys who say he has no arm are the guys who were moaning when he overthrew (alleged) speedster Graham.

I'm not questioning his arm strength. I'm questioning his accuracy. After overthrowing Graham what twice? He came back and under threw him. That was a pick. Anyone who isn't cringing when Fitz goes 20 yards or further isn't watching close enough. To me that is not a gunslinger. Granted Favre threw more than his fair share of picks. But he won some huge games with his deep throws. The day his dad died and his clinic against the raiders that night is the difference between a "gunslinger" and Fitz.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz's inconsistency is the most maddening part of his game. This nonsense that he can only throw short passes because his arm's too weak is getting silly. In the NE game, he threw some strong and long passes right on target. A 35 yard (in the air) perfect over the shoulder drop on a scoring drive that culminated with a 25 yard laser to Chandler. Another TD was a similar great throw and catch to with Chandler-tight and fast from the 20. And the same guys who say he has no arm are the guys who were moaning when he overthrew (alleged) speedster Graham.

Fitz sucks throwing the deep ball with accuracy. Not sure what you're arguing. Are you saying he's good at throwing the deep ball? Or are you just tired of hearing people complain about the truth. That fitz isn't very good throwing deep. Just because he's made a couple throws, doesn't mean he's good at it. JC QBs have made some nice throws. Hell, I've made some nice throws. That doesn't mean I don't suck at it.

I take a lot of heat for being a doomandgloomer/"realist"/pessimist here (although the ritual mass seppuku being committed here this week by the typical homers is amusing--amatures!).

But I've seen enough of Fitz to feel there is something in there that will turn it around and limit his TOs while returning the offense to a level which will prop up this pathetic D. He's smart, he has guts (he's absolutely and by far the ONLY tough guy on this candy-ass IR laden team) and he's nothing like JPL and RJ, who were brain dead, soul-less disasters who never really showed any reason for hope.

I have faith in Fitz because I have seen him play very well, and so have you. I say he plays well enough to save Chan's job next season. This will be bittersweet--great for Fitz, awful for the rest of us. Chan has been an awful choice. One terrible decision after another.

But, here's to Fitz! Starting this Sunday. He won't guarantee a win (he should), but I will.

Dude: Stop. Really..

Fitz sucks throwing the deep ball with accuracy. Not sure what you're arguing. Are you saying he's good at throwing the deep ball? Or are you just tired of hearing people complain about the truth. That fitz isn't very good throwing deep. Just because he's made a couple throws, doesn't mean he's good at it. JC QBs have made some nice throws. Hell, I've made some nice throws. That doesn't mean I don't suck at it.

Agreed...The guys on WGR's afternoon show made a great point today...They were talking about how both Chan and Nix are always saying "Fitz has done it before, " or "We've seen Fitz do it, we know what he can do..." And it's really getting a bit ridiculous...It's the type of thing you can say about the great one's...We have seen Brady and Brees do it before...We can assume they will do it again...They are proven over an extended period of time...They have proven they can be consistent, and they have proven they can beat you all over the field...They have proven they can take a Team to the Playoffs, they have proven they can win a SB...So if Brady, or Brees, or Rogers has an off game...Or a couple off games...It's reasonable to assume they will bounce back...Fitz has no where near that kind of resume...So when they flippantly say "We've seen him do it before, " and they assume due to that he's going to do it again, and be just fine...Well...You know what happens when you assume...

BTW...I don't think Nix or Gailey are that dumb...I think they know, and I think they are towing the Company line for now...If Fitz does not completely turn this thing around over the next 11 games he will be replaced in 2013...They simply can't be that stupid... B-)

I take a lot of heat for being a doomandgloomer/"realist"/pessimist here (although the ritual mass seppuku being committed here this week by the typical homers is amusing--amatures!).

But I've seen enough of Fitz to feel there is something in there that will turn it around and limit his TOs while returning the offense to a level which will prop up this pathetic D. He's smart, he has guts (he's absolutely and by far the ONLY tough guy on this candy-ass IR laden team) and he's nothing like JPL and RJ, who were brain dead, soul-less disasters who never really showed any reason for hope.

I have faith in Fitz because I have seen him play very well, and so have you. I say he plays well enough to save Chan's job next season. This will be bittersweet--great for Fitz, awful for the rest of us. Chan has been an awful choice. One terrible decision after another.

But, here's to Fitz! Starting this Sunday. He won't guarantee a win (he should), but I will.

Fitz won't even save his own job.

It's really on Gailey... Fitz can't carry a team, but he can manage a game very well.

But... we can't use a balanced offense and keep up with another team scoring 50 points, so it's all moot.

This point is so valid but escapes almost everyone on this board.

Chan Gailey has to be the most single minded pass happy moronic HC / OC ever.

What are the Bills offensive teams strengths?

1) Fitz has an uncanny ability to get the ball out in 3 seconds to the open WR, usually to Stevie Johnson because he is the only one open. So keep using that quick short pass offense, and stop trying to throw deep unless you put TJ in to sub for Fitz. perhaps even look at some WCO plays to install to help that short game.

2) The run game, you would think as big as the Bills players are on that O line that they could easily control the line of scrimmage, they can't. So keep running out of the spread formation, utilize the counter trey to keep the defense off balance. Run more then you throw because the RB's (Spiller & Jackson) are both better then Fitz.

Just keep handing the ball off, and when the defense moves their safeties and LBers up to stop the run, start throwing over them to the WR's, TE. Keep using those 4-5 WR sets only run more often. Running the ball more with success will keep the opposing offense off the field, wear the opposing defense down by the 4th QTR keep the Bills in control of the clock.

Gailey is his own worst enemy by trying to force a backup QB to constantly throw to win games. The defense is another story, Wannstooge has gotta go

This point is so valid but escapes almost everyone on this board.

Chan Gailey has to be the most single minded pass happy moronic HC / OC ever.

What are the Bills offensive teams strengths?

1) Fitz has an uncanny ability to get the ball out in 3 seconds to the open WR, usually to Stevie Johnson because he is the only one open. So keep using that quick short pass offense, and stop trying to throw deep unless you put TJ in to sub for Fitz. perhaps even look at some WCO plays to install to help that short game.

2) The run game, you would think as big as the Bills players are on that O line that they could easily control the line of scrimmage, they can't. So keep running out of the spread formation, utilize the counter trey to keep the defense off balance. Run more then you throw because the RB's (Spiller & Jackson) are both better then Fitz.

Just keep handing the ball off, and when the defense moves their safeties and LBers up to stop the run, start throwing over them to the WR's, TE. Keep using those 4-5 WR sets only run more often. Running the ball more with success will keep the opposing offense off the field, wear the opposing defense down by the 4th QTR keep the Bills in control of the clock.

Gailey is his own worst enemy by trying to force a backup QB to constantly throw to win games. The defense is another story, Wannstooge has gotta go

I haven't seen many of your posts lately. When did you jump off the fitzwagon completely?