The Blitz

I will be the first to admit that I really don't watch other NFL games. I prefer to watch college games and then get tormented by the Bills every Sunday. So I ask do other teams blitz? This is a serious question. I know in the 3-4, the idea is to bring pressure from multiple different angles with different combinations. And I know the Giants won two SuperBowls w/o blitzing that much. Everyone including Wanny has said we are vanilla. I thought Belichick was famous for never having any two defensive game plans being the same and with multiple ways of disguising coverages. If Alex Smith can read the defense and audible to pass plays there has to be something wrong. To me I don't care how many athletes you have on defense. With the rules favoring the offense the only way to compete is to scheme and confuse.

So I say again do other teams still bring odd man rushes, DB and safety blitzes???

Other teams scheme and hide what kind of coverages they have and they do blitz....a blitz is when a player rushes the passer that you arent expecting to rush or you have more rushers than blockers thus an advantage. Teams will also stunt D-line thus confusing blocking schemes and penetrating and getting to the QB.

Edited by djp14150

I watched FSU lose and blitz only once?

We've relied on the front 4 and have gotten nothing. Defense needs to change it up a little. Pittsburgh and Baltimore blitz alot and have been the better defenses for awhile.