Bills Practicing at ASU Tempe AZ next week.

Silvercrw

Living in Niners-Raiders territory, much was made of the Niners staying in Akron, Ohio for a week last year when they played the Bengals and the Eagles in consecutive games.

Many of the players point to the long business trip as a turning point for the team coming off a loss to Dallas. The trip was roundly viewed as a bonding and focusing experience. The Niners ended up winning 8 in a row after staying on the road.

While I was looking at the schedule before the season started I was wondering if the Bills would do a similar thing.

Lord knows, they need all the help they can get.

I have the dubious privilege of attending the next two Bills games… this week in Candlestick and the following week in Phoenix. I guess I should get an honorary membership in the Bills Mafia after running this gauntlet.

Living in Niners-Raiders territory, much was made of the Niners staying in Akron, Ohio for a week last year when they played the Bengals and the Eagles in consecutive games.

Many of the players point to the long business trip as a turning point for the team coming off a loss to Dallas. The trip was roundly viewed as a bonding and focusing experience. The Niners ended up winning 8 in a row after staying on the road.

While I was looking at the schedule before the season started I was wondering if the Bills would do a similar thing.

Lord knows, they need all the help they can get.

I have the dubious privilege of attending the next two Bills games… this week in Candlestick and the following week in Phoenix. I guess I should get an honorary membership in the Bills Mafia after running this gauntlet.

Good points

Anyone who goes out West for the Cardinals game, here are a few tips:

DO NOT DRIVE IF YOU HAVE HAD ANYTHING TO DRINK AT ALL- I cannot stress this enough. Random DUI checkpoints are the norm out there, and the penalty for first offense DUI is a mandatory MONTH in jail.

Do not bother with bars in Pheonix. They suck. After the game take the light rail to Mill Ave in Tempe, and bar hop. It's a blast.

Go to Casey Moore's which is the best place to enjoy craft beer in the area.

If you want a divey sports bar with good wings go to The Vine on Campus. Lots of seating, every game on multiple TV's, awesome beer specials.

Make sure you go to Dos Gringos for some quality day drinking.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping as a service. Stay safe and out of jail.

Any chance Mods might split this off under the title "Heading to AZ and DUIs"?

I remember being in some hotel room years ago watching the tube. On comes Sheriff Joe on a commercial saying "two joints? Two years".

Keep that in mind too. Don't know if that's still policy but, Going south of tucson towards Nogales and figure on getting pulled over by border patrol with dogs at some point. That place is worse than texas.