[closed]More rumblings from Moorman release

Interesting Wawrow piece includes two anonymous sources (I suspect they're players) who interpret the events as DeHaven setting up Moorman to fail.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-p-powell-set-over-215747808--nfl.html

I hope this doesn't create a tone of discord/mistrust at OBD between the coaches and players.

As much as I would like to say there is a conspiracy...Moorman hasn't been that good in a while. He has been in decline for the past several seasons and was borderline beat out--if not beat out by Powell in training camp/preseason. As a fan, I have a tremendous respect for him and wish him the best.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

As much as I would like to say there is a conspiracy...Moorman hasn't been that good in a while. He has been in decline for the past several seasons and was borderline beat out--if not beat out by Powell in training camp/preseason. As a fan, I have a tremendous respect for him and wish him the best.

I guess I didn't pay close enough attention in preseason but all I remember from multiple games was how good Moorman looked. Seriously. I seem to remember him dowing many many punts inside the 10 and 5 during preseason and was happy because it seemed like Moorman had gotten his mojo back.

Does anyone else recall this? How much better did Powell look? Or was it just close?

I can't recall any boomers like some he has booted in the past but if it's true that DeHaven focuses more on directional kicking than it hardly seems like Moorman has really declined. Idk what to think here. I guess at some point you have to insert youth into a position.

Good maybe it sends a message to guys complaining like fitz and kelsay they could be next

Good god, man, I don't know where you come up with this stuff.

I guess I didn't pay close enough attention in preseason but all I remember from multiple games was how good Moorman looked. Seriously. I seem to remember him dowing many many punts inside the 10 and 5 during preseason and was happy because it seemed like Moorman had gotten his mojo back.

Does anyone else recall this? How much better did Powell look? Or was it just close?

I can't recall any boomers like some he has booted in the past but if it's true that DeHaven focuses more on directional kicking than it hardly seems like Moorman has really declined. Idk what to think here. I guess at some point you have to insert youth into a position.

I, and several others on this board, openly suggested Moorman's job was very much in doubt at the start of training camp. His numbers -- particularly net average and punts inside the 20 -- had been in steady decline and the Bills brought in a highly-regarded rookie in Powell.

To my surprise (and, truthfully, probably the Bills' as well), Moorman had a "lights out" camp (sorry Shawne) and preseason. I believe the Bills were ready and willing to give Moorman the boot, but they couldn't based upon his play this summer. Then, after seeing a pretty dismal performance during the first three games, they could finally make the move they wanted to make all along.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I don't for a second believe any of this "Dehaven didn't like him" b.s.