JP Losman Is Not The Man

ubhockey

Who cares what college he played for???  There are plenty of examples of very good QBs currently in the NFL who played at lesser schools.  I'd also point out that Losman's former teammate,  Patrick Ramsey,  has played fairly well as a young QB and appears to have a bright future ahead of him. 

As for whether or not Losman will be ready to play next year,  I don't know the answer to this and neither do you.  There is one thing I DO know,  however,  that being that the Bills did not draft Losman to sit on the bench.

189432[/snapback]

I never said that QBs from smaller D1 schools aren't good. They just take longer to develop.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he's not going to develop holding a clip board while Bledsoe sucks ass on the field.  If we're going to have a QB who can't get it done in 2005, let's at least give the kid a shot to grow into the job.  Another season of Bledsoe is another season of no playoffs.

189472[/snapback]

If JP plays next year, we don't go better than 9-7.

If JP plays next year, we don't go better than 9-7.

189481[/snapback]

Hey maybe next year the AFC becomes the NFC and were in the playoffs :doh:

Even at 9 and 7 behind JP we would actually have a shot at the playoffs the NEXT year not NEVER like now!

I never said that QBs from smaller D1 schools aren't good. They just take longer to develop.

189473[/snapback]

huh? We named a half dozen QBs from small schools.

Favre

Culpepper

Pennington

Rothlesberger

Ramsey

Carr

Leftwich

You mean they take longer to develop then Danny Wuerfel? Rick Mirer? Ken Dorsey? Could you please tell me the last great NFL QB to come from Miami? Florida State? Auburn? Texas? Notre Dame? Ohio State? Thanks!

huh?  We named a half dozen QBs from small schools.

Favre

Culpepper

Pennington

Rothlesberger

Ramsey

Carr

Leftwich

You mean they take longer to develop then Danny Wuerfel?  Rick Mirer?  Ken Dorsey?  Could you please tell me the last great NFL QB to come from Miami?  Florida State?  Auburn?  Texas?  Notre Dame?  Ohio State?  Thanks!

189491[/snapback]

Dammit Pete, My brother LOVES Ken Dorsey! :P

How about Michigan? Not to intimate that Brady sucks or anything :doh:

Again I think the key is the team they go to. Culpepper, Pennington, Roth all went to decent teams. Favre sucked until he had a good team around him. Ramsey is very good IMO but has a squad that didnt back him. Carr is a stud on the Bills and will be for the Texans as soon as they get a decent D. Leftwich has a decent squad and also could still be in the playoff mix.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he will never develop. I'm saying he's too raw to the professional game, and he won't develop by next season. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am. JP is not ready and going with him would be a huge mistake. Our team is too good to have JP lead the offense next season.

189369[/snapback]

You don't have to hope your wrong...You are wrong !!!

I want QB's from BIG schools like Notre Dame....gimme Ron Powlus any day and I'll show you a winner! :doh:

189501[/snapback]

No, No I want Josh Heupell! :P

ITs interesting but I think the skill positions are the ones where you LEAST have to be from a big school to be good.

Randy Moss

Ladanian Tomlinson

Marshall Faulk

Marvin Harrison..Woops..well Syracuse does kinda suck :P until they land Pelino that is!

You guys are missing the point. JP is not Big Ben, Culpepper or even Leftwich.

He's not ready but if you guys want to waste our team with JP at the helm next year, that's fine.

189546[/snapback]

Before Big Ben, Culpepper, or Leftwich played would you have stated that they were ready? I think not!

It sounds like your suffering from a conservative approach to "grooming" a young QB. Aikman said today that the only way he can think of for a young QB to learn is to play!

I still havent heard any real plausible thing that Losman can learn from holding a clipboard. He just did that for a year, that game is now over!

He's not ready but if you guys want to waste our team with JP at the helm next year, that's fine.

189546[/snapback]

The season doesn't start for 8 months. Why are you so confident that JP will not be ready to start, when there are 150 mini camps plus all of training camp ahead of him??

The season doesn't start for 8 months.  Why are you so confident that JP will not be ready to start, when there are 150 mini camps plus all of training camp ahead of him??

189564[/snapback]

Why do I feel like we are trying to squeeze water from a rock?

189546[/snapback]

How do you know? You admit you have no idea how he is progressing. Then you say QBs from big schools develop faster-which is a crock. I asked you to name the last great QB from Florida State, Florida, Miami, Ohio State, Texas, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Wisconson, etc. Your opinion is based on nothing. How many games did you watch with Losman at Tulane? Did you watch him play in the preseason? Dont judge his potential on 5 passes. Please substantiate your claim that JP is not good with some facts or observations-not gut instinct, thanks!

189546[/snapback]

You're right about one thing. JP Losman is JP Losman and no one else.

As I stated earlier, neither you or I know whether Losman is going to be ready to start by next year. It really doesn't even matter what you or I think, either. It only matters what the Bills front office and coaching staff thinks, and if they believe Losman can handle it, they'll likely give him every opportunity to win the job for '05.

Before Big Ben, Culpepper, or Leftwich played would you have stated that they were ready? I think not!

It sounds like your suffering from a conservative approach to "grooming" a young QB. Aikman said today that the only way he can think of for a young QB to learn is to play!

I still havent heard any real plausible thing that Losman can learn from holding a clipboard. He just did that for a year, that game is now over!

189563[/snapback]

You are right Losman will learn sh-- holding a clipboard, but I care more about the Bills next season than I do about Losman. I want them to make a run at the Super Bowl, and you're crazy if you think JP can lead them there. Hell, Drew would get them there sooner and that's unexceptable to me.

You are right Losman will learn sh-- holding a clipboard, but I care more about the Bills next season than I do about Losman. I want them to make a run at the Super Bowl, and you're crazy if you think JP can lead them there. Hell, Drew would get them there sooner and that's unexceptable to me.

189579[/snapback]

Why is that crazy? Please substantiate

I don't have any reasons to think he will or will not be ready to be the starter come next season. How he does in the mini camps and training camp will have to determine that.

I had been thought that another year as an understudy would do him well but I think I've given up all hope of Bledsoe ever leading the team anywhere now. What I know about Bledsoe is that he's at his worst when the team needs him the most. I heard people on WGR explain that he didn't do that poorly because he basically played the way he had when we were winning. Hello? That's not a good thing.

I don't know if JP is ready but it'd be nice to have someone who didn't just wait in the pocket for something bad to happen. Having a QB who's good to run for 4-5 yards at least when the receivers aren't open adds a ton to the team.

189579[/snapback]

Just exactly how crazy is it to think that Roth goes to the superbowl in his ROOKIE YEAR? Losman will be in his second year!

I agree its not likely that Losman takes us to the dance but it, of course, is a possibility.

The problem is Drew now has PROVEN that he wont do it either? So whats your 1 year plan to put us in there? Warner? Please!!! You name 1 single QB that can b e had for the same money as Drew that we could get that would do it.

Without a REAL viable shot at the SB, our best move is to play our future QB and start to head in th eright direction again.

Remember Losman can only get better, Drew had everything he needed, didnt do it, and will only get worse!

189563[/snapback]

The one thing that holding the clipboard for a year allows Losman to do is learn the playbook without most of the pressure of preparing for a game each week. It also gives him a chance to practice with and watch what his teammates' strengths and weaknesses are, and to see how the offense is supposed to operate with a veteran QB at the helm (well, in theory, anyway). In any case, the better his working knowledge of the offensive system before he has to start, the better his odds are of having a successful first season as a starter.