Offseason moves

DreamOnDan

Re-sign pat williams and let go EVERY overpaid offensive player. Trade or Release Bledsoe, Moulds, Henry, and Jennings. Build a power running game behind a tough run blocking offensive line, and rely on the defense much like Baltimore does. I love the brand of football that Mularkey and Clements call, but this team is not in that mold.

Jennings is a great pass blocker, but he is not opening holes in the running game.

We have a big play reciever in Evans, a quality possesion reciever like Moulds is not hard to come by and will cost a lot less then 7.5 million. If Bledsoe and Mularkey don't have the gonads to throw at least one ball down the sidelines to Moulds then my guess is that he isn't the reciever that I thought he was.

Get what you can for Henry, he isn't as valuable to our team as he will be to a different team. Somebody will pay for him.

Face it, Drew Bledsoe doesn't win against quality defenses. He is easy to scheme against and too immobile to beat the blitz.

If JP can throw a five yard touch pass he will ultimately be better for this offense.

Re-sign pat williams and let go EVERY overpaid offensive player.  Trade or Release Bledsoe, Moulds, Henry, and Jennings.  Build a power running game behind a tough run blocking offensive line, and rely on the defense much like Baltimore does.  I love the brand of football that Mularkey and Clements call, but this team is not in that mold.

Jennings is a great pass blocker, but he is not opening holes in the running game. 

We have a big play reciever in Evans, a quality possesion reciever like Moulds is not hard to come by and will cost a lot less then 7.5 million.  If Bledsoe and Mularkey don't have the gonads to throw at least one ball down the sidelines to Moulds then my guess is that he isn't the reciever that I thought he was. 

Get what you can for Henry, he isn't as valuable to our team as he will be to a different team.  Somebody will pay for him. 

Face it, Drew Bledsoe doesn't win against quality defenses.  He is easy to scheme against and too immobile to beat the blitz.

If JP can throw a five yard touch pass he will ultimately be better for this offense.

189078[/snapback]

Agree most part except on Moulds. Give Eric a chance to restructure to a better cap, draft another wideout sunce Reed is showing he is a bust. Jennings will be a loss since good LTs are hard to find and if he commands the big $ not sure TD will pay the bill. I think someone out there will actually give us something for Drew and can still shop Travis for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I just worry who ya bring in as experienced backup that can help teach/work with JP. We need a Frank Reich type of guy since I think he helped Kelly as much as anyone else did.

Re-sign pat williams and let go EVERY overpaid offensive player.  Trade or Release Bledsoe, Moulds, Henry, and Jennings.  Build a power running game behind a tough run blocking offensive line, and rely on the defense much like Baltimore does.  I love the brand of football that Mularkey and Clements call, but this team is not in that mold.

We have a big play reciever in Evans, a quality possesion reciever like Moulds is not hard to come by and will cost a lot less then 7.5 million.  If Bledsoe and Mularkey don't have the gonads to throw at least one ball down the sidelines to Moulds then my guess is that he isn't the reciever that I thought he was. 

Get what you can for Henry, he isn't as valuable to our team as he will be to a different team.  Somebody will pay for him. 

Face it, Drew Bledsoe doesn't win against quality defenses.  He is easy to scheme against and too immobile to beat the blitz.

189078[/snapback]

Lets not panic folks. First off, I think this team overall is closer to the 9-3 version of the latter part of the season than the 0-4 version that started off. I agree that Pat Williams should be brought back. As fas as causally throwing Jennings, Moulds, Henry and Bledsoe out you should really consider what you will replace them with. True that Jennings is not a top notch left tackle and you should always look to upgrade, but I do not think that is done quite as easily as you do. I think we saw this year that this line is not the best but it is not the worst either.

I think you are wrong about Moulds. I do not think he is one of the elite but I think he fits well into that next catagory. Taking away Moulds from Evans not may not be the best idea. Has anybody heard of someone named Pearless Price since he left the opposite side of Eric Moulds on the line of scrimmage?

My first impulse all year was that T. Henry would be shipped out. However, after the year he had his trade value is at its lowest. I also have too many memories of position log jams in the league that after one is traded the remaining one gets hurt. Lets face it, Willis on the sideline and Shaud Williams getting extended carries next year is not an attractive option. Keep Ttravis for another year. My recollection is that he had a cap friendly contract and for the chance to win a Super Bowl and prep for free agncy or a trade they can find him some carries.

As far as simply replacing Bledsoe with Losman. I would encourage you to watch tape of the Giants over the past 7 games. It is a potentially painful option. Why not have a QB competition in training camp next summer? I believe the past six weeks have shown that the Bills will not rely on the QB position to get them wins and that if Drew can stay upright he can be a servicable asset in the pocket. Drew did not play well today but having a 4th string RB run all over the field on you certaily contributed to the loss. I hold no delusions that Drew is "the man" but if Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl, then and contionuing evoling Drew can as well.

As far as offseason, Draft best available OL and DL from depth and possible upgrades. Get a Tigth end for God's sake and replace that sorry kicker. Bring back Williams and Jennings if financially possibel byut do not hurt the cap to do so.