Meaningless Stats...

Bud Adams

... that are making me smile on a Monday, for some reason.

• Bills lead the NFL in touchdowns with 9 through Week 2. I would never have guessed this. (Sorry if embedded in another post; I didn't find it doing a search).
  • Bills also lead the NFL in rushing yards per game, with 198. More people likely are aware of this; it's a testament to CJ and our O-Line, and bodes well for the rest of the season.

Some might argue about "garbage" time, but it cuts both ways -- we scored TDs in garbage time versus the Jets and didn't try in garbage time versus the Chiefs.

I'm normally not a fan of "stats," but when they play in our favor -- that changes a bit.

Especially on a Monday. :thumbsup:

BA

Per Cris Brown

The exploits of C.J. Spiller have Buffalo atop the league after two weeks in a couple of rushing categories, but there’s an even more important category where the Bills rank tops in the NFL after two games.

Buffalo ranks first in rushing yards per game with an average of 198. They also lead the league in average yards per carry with a mark of 6.4.

But the Bills are also tops in the NFL in red zone touchdown percentage. The Bills are a perfect five for five on red zone possessions putting the ball in the end zone every single time. No other NFL club is perfect through two weeks. We’ll see how long the Bills can keep it up.

Buffalo is also number one in the league in punt return average thanks mainly to Leodis McKelvin’s 88-yard punt return for a touchdown.

The Bills are perfect in red zone efficiency, 5 times in red zone and every time a TD. Lead the league in punt return average. Lead the league in rushing, both yds/game and per carry. Good stuff!

I love the red zone stat.

Edited by Rockinon