Just proposed a trade - kind of unfair

JÂy RÛßeÒ

My RBs are Arian Foster, Alfred Morris, Shonn Greene, Kevin Smith, & Ryan Matthews. The guy in my league who has Fred Jackson now has as his RBs Donald Brown, Isaac Redman, and Jahvid Best.

So I proposed giving him Shonn Greene for Fred Jackson. I figure I can get by with my other 4 til Fred comes back, and this guy so needs a starter. Greene would be my 4th choice so no big loss there I'm thinking and the upside when Fred comes back is intriguing.

Thoughts?

Be careful because Morris is the flavor of the week in DC. Even though Shanny loves him, one rough week and he's back behind Helu and Royster for carries.

I also may trade a non-injured RB for Freddie in one of my leagues. But it's a young family member who has Fred and needs help at RB. I'm really just trying to be a nice guy and keep the kid interested in playing. It's a "just for fun" league, no money.

I think you'd be better off trying to upgrade at another position. Does he have a star at WR or TE? You can package a lessor WR/TE with Greene to upgrade that position. This trade doesn't really improve your team much, and clearly hurts it in the short term.

Meh Greene is his 4th RB anyway until Smith gets hurt.

My RBs are Arian Foster, Alfred Morris, Shonn Greene, Kevin Smith, & Ryan Matthews. The guy in my league who has Fred Jackson now has as his RBs Donald Brown, Isaac Redman, and Jahvid Best.

So I proposed giving him Shonn Greene for Fred Jackson. I figure I can get by with my other 4 til Fred comes back, and this guy so needs a starter. Greene would be my 4th choice so no big loss there I'm thinking and the upside when Fred comes back is intriguing.

Thoughts?

If the guy in your league will do it, I woud say do it in a heartbeat. Even if you didn't already have Arian Foster, I like all your running backs (except Green) better than all of the other guys running backs...except Freddie. Sure, you are gambling a litte that Fred comes back in 3 or 4 weeks, and there is no residual affect from his injury....small risk, large reward if you ask me!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.