Sullivan is in heaven.....

Webster Guy

This opener went exactly the way Sully wanted. His article "Grim news..." is classic Jerry doom and gloom.

Ahem. How would we know if there's another side of Jerry? I mean, the Bills don't exactly give him an opportunity. Let me splain...

For a couple of minutes, remove yourself from your role as a Buffalo Bills fan. Two minutes... disassociate yourself from the Bills and assume a new role as a Steelers fan, a Patriots fan, a Giants fan.... whatever you want.

Now critique the other 31 teams. When you get to the Bills, if your a Steeler, Pat, or Giant fan, your sides have to be almost splitting because you're laughing so dadgum hard. What you see is a Bills team that is 68-108 over the past 11 seasons and not one playoff game. Dude... that's a fraction below .390 w/l pct. To put that in another context, if you do a probability study, you could project that the Bills record this season will be somewhere around 6 or seven wins and you'd be derned close. As a Steelr, Pat, Giants, or Pack fan.... man, you gotta be thinkin the Bills are the pits, pathetic, losers... Basically, chum for a team like the Pack, Giants, Steelers, or Pats.

So, what do want Jerry to write? Things that aren't true or deserved? When was Jerry given a bonafide reason to write accolades and really nice things that are true about this team's performance? Do you think he'd write the same stuff if the Bills went 11-5 and advanced a game or two in the playoffs? We may never know.

And, lastly... OK, Nelson may be no big loss, but on a 6-10 team last year he caught 60 balls. Who's going to step up and fill that void? Jones? TJ? Martin? It ain't like Tom Brady pitching to them. But you bring up a good point and at the same time make a huge statement about this team... the loss of Nelson is no big deal. This team can win 6 games with or without him.

Edited by Dr. Trooth

Ahem. How would we know if there's another side of Jerry? I mean, the Bills don't exactly give him an opportunity. Let me splain...

For a couple of minutes, remove yourself from your role as a Buffalo Bills fan. Two minutes... disassociate yourself from the Bills and assume a new role as a Steelers fan, a Patriots fan, a Giants fan.... whatever you want.

Now critique the other 31 teams. When you get to the Bills, if your a Steeler, Pat, or Giant fan, your sides have to be almost splitting because you're laughing so dadgum hard. What you see is a Bills team that is 68-108 over the past 11 seasons and not one playoff game. Dude... that's a fraction below .390 w/l pct. To put that in another context, if you do a probability study, you could project that the Bills record this season will be somewhere around 6 or seven wins and you'd be derned close. As a Steelr, Pat, Giants, or Pack fan.... man, you gotta be thinkin the Bills are the pits, pathetic, losers... Basically, chum for a team like the Pack, Giants, Steelers, or Pats.

So, what do want Jerry to write? Things that aren't true or deserved? When was Jerry given a bonafide reason to write accolades and really nice things that are true about this team's performance? Do you think he'd write the same stuff if the Bills went 11-5 and advanced a game or two in the playoffs? We may never know.

And, lastly... OK, Nelson may be no big loss, but on a 6-10 team last year he caught 60 balls. Who's going to step up and fill that void? Jones? TJ? Martin? It ain't like Tom Brady pitching to them. But you bring up a good point and at the same time make a huge statement about this team... the loss of Nelson is no big deal. This team can win 6 games with or without him.

You absolutely nailed it! Hit that post out of the ball park...100% agree... B-)

I agree with the OP. Sully and his sidekick Gleason thrive on any failings of the Bills or Sabres. Barely a chirp out of them when the Sabres made a run at the playoffs, but when the roof caved in, they started blasting at full throttle. Gone are the days of Felser, Kelley and Peters who could write good articles, critical or not, regardless of the teams' fortunes. Sully is basically abarstool rantor.

Fans here don't want objective reporting on the Bills. They want Bagdad Bob predicting a Irag victory as the US tank runs over his foot.

This opener went exactly the way Sully wanted. His article "Grim news..." is classic Jerry doom and gloom.

He makes it seem like Nelson was a big play number 2 guy. I love Nelson and I'm sorry he's hurt but lets face it, he averaged 3.8 catches and 40 yards a game last year on a team that slings the ball 30 times a game. Sully makes it sound like there are no other guys that can come in and match that modest production.

And I love how he throws in that he wouldn't have taken Spiller 9th overall. So here we are with our starting back out, CJ steps in and averages over TEN yards a carry against a tough run defense on the road.

Jerry's still stuck on where we drafted the guy and he wants you to know it.

He must have some kind of tenure over there at the Buffalo News, its amazing that somebody pays that guy for his thoughts.......

Have to agree with just about the whole piece IMO.

If the Bills would have won in Jersey Jerry would have given them props . But I think he was spot on about Spiller. If he keeps on playing like this and remember he was playing well at the end of last yr I say let him play. After all he gots to earn the check like Marcell said last year.

Just amazing...no one even wanted Fitz! I don't care if the only the Bills thought him a starter but why give him more money - where would he have gone? What would he have done?

10 months ago Jerry was ripping the Bills for not giving Fitz a new deal. You can't win his game. You are always wrong. He's always right. I bet he, Schopp & Bulldog had a big circle jerk in studio.

PTR