[closed]How many blitz packages did we run?

jnr472003

Wanny must have been under the misconception that our defense could cover...our personnel is best suited for blitzing schemes, not coverage. We will never get a "coverage sack" with this defense. To answer your question though, I saw TWO blitzes...one was sheppard up the middle, one was wilson or byrd off the edge...both were telegraphed and picked up rather easily because sancheez pointed them out, for blocking assignments.

I noticed 2 Sheppard blitzes. One of which was against a running play, the other was on a passing play that got zero pressure. I know it's kinda early to say this, but Wanny should be fired. He has no balls. How else can you explain not calling a single heavy blitz for an entire game? That is the least pressure I've seen on a QB in years. Sad.

We should be blitzing a QB like Sanchez once a series. TERRIBLE scheme for Sanchez!!!! Bring the heat. With Mario, Darius and Williams - you bring extra heat and start freeing guys up to take hits on Sanchez - thats when he starts getting rattled. Honestly, I am just in shock right now from yesterday. I was at peace with having a terrible QB - I really was because it was just so evident he was terrible. But to see this medioacre defense yesterday was just shocking. I agree with the post above - Wanny should be fired for calling a game like that.

This is what Wannstedt does. It's the reason I can't stand him. Bring 4 and cover with the rest, rarely blitzing. Hopefully he realizes this gameplan will fail as we couldn't cover the JETS 4 to 5 receivers with 7 guys all day. The gameplan was putrid. Bring the heat or get out of the kitchen stache. Your play calling yesterday was almost as bad as fitz's passes.

Did we run one bilitz yesterday? For a QB that isnt viewed as "high caliber" why didnt we come after him?

Anyhow, does anyone know if we even blitzed once yesterday? That was the most VANILLA defense I have ever seen!!!

We ran some blitzes yesterday but to no avail. We even sent a safety on one blitz. I even recall on a 3rd and 3 Jarius Byrd lined up in one on one coverage against Santonio Holmes playing off about 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. :bag: So there must have been a blitz on that play but just an awful playcall on Wannstedt's part and a total mismatch. Coverage schemes was a huge issue as well not just the pass rush.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I noticed 2 Sheppard blitzes. One of which was against a running play, the other was on a passing play that got zero pressure. I know it's kinda early to say this, but Wanny should be fired. He has no balls. How else can you explain not calling a single heavy blitz for an entire game? That is the least pressure I've seen on a QB in years. Sad.

This made me laugh... good one. Fire Wanny... :wallbash: