Romney on the Campaign Trail

Politics makes people insane.

The GOP is "controlled by its fringes", yet we ended up with the most moderate (I suppose you might say that Huntsman was the most moderate, but he was never a real candidate... but if it makes anyone feel better, by all means, substitute 'second most moderate' for 'most moderate' if you'd like) of the Republican candidates as the nominee? Can you try and square that circle for me?

Money and some sense of party preservation among key insiders. Personally I'm not voting for Romney but I thank God (assuming that the GOP base would get out there and challenge Obama w/ whoever) he came out on top (considering the insane base made the Huntsman candidacy a joke...which is a shame I would have considered him more than anyone else in the general).

Crazy as they are at least they ended up w/ the least damaging figure for President...the problem is the Congresscritters....too many toxic GOP congresscritters

Edited by TheNewBills

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that the same argument people use for re-electing Barry?

No, most of his cultists actually think he's doing a great job.

Beers on the White House lawn. That was the high point of his administration. Beers on the White House lawn.

I don't get it.

Beers on the White House lawn. That was the high point of his administration. Beers on the White House lawn.

I don't get it.

Stop going off script his high point was the moment he was elected. DId you not watch the convention? Stop being a terrible surrogate you'll blow the party up if you drop the ball this year for them.

Edited by TheNewBills

I don't get it.

He's your next-door neighbor. A guy you can have a beer with, yet still run the country. How cool is that?

I'm starting to warm up to Mitt even more. Stands his ground without appeasing every ambushing schmoe out there. Thanks for posting.

I got a problem with the gay soldier though. He should realize that there are a lot more pressing problems right now besides gay marriage. Wake up stop being so selfish because none of the horseshit like "war on women", Romneys tax return or gay marriage will matter if the country goes all the way down the turlit.

LMAO. More pressing issues than his rights being different than most just because he is gay?

People vote with self-interest. This clearly matters to him, and many other voters. Just because YOU don't care about it doesn't mean someone else shouldn't. Especially when he is the one that is affected.

LMAO. More pressing issues than his rights being different than most just because he is gay?

People vote with self-interest. This clearly matters to him, and many other voters. Just because YOU don't care about it doesn't mean someone else shouldn't. Especially when he is the one that is affected.

Think of it this way. If the foundation in my house is sinking in the ground, walls cracking. Roof leaking because the house is moving severely, but because my Direct TV is now not getting the perfect signal, I'm not fixing that first. I'm focusing on the structure of the house because if the thing slides down the hill my DTV is not going to matter. To vote for a candidate just because of one relatively minor issue while ignoring the rest is selfish, short sighted and narrow minded.

Edited by Dante

Think of it this way, if the foundation in my house is sinking in the ground, walls cracking. Roof leaking because the house is moving severely, but because my Direct TV is now not getting the perfect signal, I'm not fixing that first. I'm focusing on the structure of the house because if the thing slides down the hill my DTV is not going to matter. To vote for a candidate just because of one relatively minor issue while ignoring the rest is selfish, short sighted and narrow minded.

Even worse: The Democrats can introduce any bill they want to; they pay lip service to the gay community (for their and their sympathizers vote), but never, ever deliver legislation that would recognize same-sex marriage.

It's pretty close to as bad as the 'other' group of people who vote the 'pro-life' ticket yet that party never, ever delivers anything legislatively to stop abortions.

But people keep doing the same thing, and get the same results, and then B word and moan.