Why I Love the Buffalo Bills

section122

I have been a Bills fan since the 60s although I was more of an NFL guy before the merger. My brother was a fan of Bills before me, but I didn't go to my first game until 1975. My friend and I drove in from Rochester and saw OJ run in the rain. I moved to Buffalo in 1977 and went to quite a few games over the years (mostly losses) until Chuck Knox turned things around. Moved to Miami in 83 just as Marino and Company destroyed the Bills routinely and I had to endure. Our QB took a while to come to Buffalo but by then I was in DC so I could make it to WNY to watch games with my brother again. The Giants SB was an amazing journey and when we went back to play the Redskins, I had to endure the hometown fans ripping me again. My boss (a Redskins season ticket holder) at the time gave me solace by saying that although they won it wears off pretty quickly and you feel sad that the season is over.

I've only been back to Buffalo for one game in 1999 when Flutie played against the Giants and we lost on a last second field goal. I've had the Sunday ticket since 2001 and unfortunately have endured the past decade in New England, but I still love my Bills. Lately, I have been to Gillette twice to see Bills lose in 2008 and again in 2010. Lots of memories and I call my brother afetr every win to revel (we skip the losses)

My brother lost his wife a few years ago and I try to call more often, but it is most fun after a win. Hopefully this year we will talk a lot.

Thanks for listening and Go Bills!!!!

I love the Bills because of the way people look at me when I tell them I'm a fan. I love the cracks people make about wide right, the 4 sb losses in a row, and about OJ.

I love when other "fans" tell me I'm an idiot for buying jerseys and slapping stickers on my truck. I love the Bills because it's hard to love them and I'm a blindly loyal bastard whos not afraid of heartbreak and having a little **** kicked on me.

And they day they finally parade that trophy through Buffalo I'll be able to smile to myself and delight in the fact that every person who ever said anything negative to me about loving the Bills can go screw themselves. And deep deep down theyll walk away knowing that I am a better man than they are. GO BILLS 25/8!!!

Edited by Juice_32