Jason Biggs makes a mess...

1billsfan

of his career...

http://twitchy.com/2012/09/01/american-weasel-jason-biggs-quietly-deletes-vile-tweets-about-ann-romney-and-janna-ryan/

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/09/02/biggs-nickelodeon-twitter

There are about five or more twitchy stories about Biggs' crazy, gone-off-the-rails liberal stupidity. Nickelodeon is in serious trouble because of what Biggs has tweeted. Clearly Clint Eastwood was wrong when he said you can't do that to yourself...lol

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a dumbass. Someone should have told him that when you're a top-earning well established commodity with a loyal following you can pretty much say what you want and get work. But when your claim to fame is being part of an ensemble cast from a 90s movie (i.e. too much of a never-was to even be considered a has-been) clinging to your last chance at a decent revenue stream by doing TMNT vocals for Nickelodeon, you'd be advised to keep it classy. I somehow doubt that Jason Biggs has the intellectual capacity to provide any more insightful political analysis than what was evidenced in his tweets. His wife sounds like a winner too.

Explain to me how Nik is going to get in trouble for this. On what grounds?

Guilt by association.

In all honesty I would expect this to blow over. It was pretty vulgar to be linked at Nickelodeon, and he really should have known better, but I didn't really find it so offensive that I feel any kind of outrage. He and his idiot wife should just keep quiet and hope it goes away.

Guilt by association.

In all honesty I would expect this to blow over. It was pretty vulgar to be linked at Nickelodeon, and he really should have known better, but I didn't really find it so offensive that I feel any kind of outrage. He and his idiot wife should just keep quiet and hope it goes away.

Guilty of what though?

Seriously?...LOL

Yes. Seriously. Explain to me how a Viacom owned company worth hundreds of millions of dollars is going to get in trouble over Jason Biggs' tweet.

Guilty of what though?

Bad taste. I don't think anyone's insinuating that there will be any legal ramifications, just a potential PR shitstorm. I must say, from the write up I thought it was going to be a lot more offensive than the tweets turned out to be. And while I don't find them terribly offensive I'm sure plenty of parents will.

If somebody had made similar comments about Michelle Obama the stojan would have hit the fan. The Reverends Al and Jesse would be threatening a boycott, Axelrod would be all over the TV (well, okay he already is), Fancy Nancy would demand hearings over their FCC license, and some rocket surgeon would propose that the Government needs tighter control over Twitter. Hell, they might even let the chairwoman of the DNC, Debbie Wasserman-Schulz, out of the doghouse she's been stuck in.

Edited by /dev/null

Bad taste. I don't think anyone's insinuating that there will be any legal ramifications, just a potential PR shitstorm. I must say, from the write up I thought it was going to be a lot more offensive than the tweets turned out to be. And while I don't find them terribly offensive I'm sure plenty of parents will.

Nik is in trouble for bad taste because Jason Biggs said something politically distasteful? How does that work?

Nik is in trouble for bad taste because Jason Biggs said something politically distasteful? How does that work?

Dude, what're you busting my balls for? I just read this for the first time. Apparently the Nickelodeon website links to his Twitter feed and a handful of parents were Twittering to Nickelodeon that they wanted Biggs pulled from his show that airs on their channel. I didn't make this up.

Dude, what're you busting my balls for? I just read this for the first time. Apparently the Nickelodeon website links to his Twitter feed and a handful of parents were Twittering to Nickelodeon that they wanted Biggs pulled from his show that airs on their channel. I didn't make this up.

Sorry, not meaning to bust your balls. More the OP who was the one who initially posted Nik is in "serious trouble for what Biggs tweeted". Which, aside from being ridiculously untrue, is offensive to me as a matter of principle.

You and Dev were the only ones responding :pirate:

Edited by tgreg99

Sorry, not meaning to bust your balls. More the OP who was the one who initially posted Nik is in "serious trouble for what Biggs tweeted". Which, aside from being ridiculously untrue, is offensive to me as a matter of principle.

You and Dev were the only ones responding :pirate:

Sears has already felt the PR need to publicly comment about it. Maybe you don't know how this tv thing works.

Let's say Jason Biggs was a conservative and he tweeted that he wanted to shove a finger up Michelle's _hole? By your logic, if Biggs said he wanted to shove a finger up Michelle's _hole that not only would Nickelodeon NOT be in serious trouble, to say so would be a statement that was "ridiculously untrue" and "offensive to you as a matter of principle".

You seriously believe this? You stand by those statements? Because this is your argument.

Personally, I wouldn't call for anyone's resignation, freedom of speech kinda deal. On the other hand, if I was a nick exec. And considering its sort of a kids channel, I'd fire his ass because that would be the employers right as well.. Biggs as a willing or unwilling representative of the channel has to be aware of the decisions he makes, and it certainly was distasteful and doesn't reflect well on the channel.