what is that toe sucker rex saying now?

"I really like this team," Ryan said, via The Star-Ledger . "I really like this team. I don't know if we're strong in this one area or that one area or special teams, whatever it is, but overall in my opinion this has the chance to be the best team I've had since I've been the coach here.

"And I say that because I think we understand complementary football, sometimes your offense is going to be rolling sometimes your going to have to ask your defense to stand on their head," he went on. "Our coaching staff, everybody understands it's not about winning, it's not about stats, it's about trying to find a way to win, and I think our team understands that."

-------

He's really making less and less sense trying to pump up the jets

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

would you really expect any different? he's a motivater, that's his thing......if they win this year he'll be glorified, if they miss the playoffs again he'll be fired - but i guess isn't that different then most coaches, but more dramatic given his persona and New York in general

would you really expect any different? he's a motivater, that's his thing......if they win this year he'll be glorified, if they miss the playoffs again he'll be fired - but i guess isn't that different then most coaches, but more dramatic given his persona and New York in general

If he's fired, I hope Buddy has a plane waiting for him in NY ala Mario Williams. He's one heck of a defensive mind.

Agreed. It's less boastful than Chan Gailey saying "I expect to win them all." I don't see what was wrong with anything he said. He may be delusional but that wasn't being his usual arrogant bastard self, if anything it was toned down,

Its one rambling excuse trying to hype a team that he thinks doesn't have it, forcing a conclusion it will be his best jets team ever That's what it sounds like to me. He's conceding the offense sucks. And tbe nonsensical "they understand its not about winning ... but finding ways to win.". Lol what ever dude

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Their offense this preseason was no more or less dreadful than ours. Their defense has been one of the best, our has not been close. On D we have issues at LB and CB. On offense we have issues at RT, TE and WR depth.

Excuse me? Jets 1st string offense scored no TDs. Take your crybaby sad sack loser mentality elsewhere.