Our front four

I don't have the answers. You were saying the starting front 4 was pulled for that drive. It's not true. You said it if it was fact and it wasn't. I was at the game and didn't notice the same things you were so sure of so I went back and looked at the tape and happened to prove you wrong. Don't be pissed at me because I was right. And yes, I do have a big TV. Your wlecome to come over anytime and watch a game if you'd like. But that wasn't the reason for my big TV comment. You said you didn't have the luxery of watching on TV and were on an Internet feed. I was simply letting you know that I had completely clear view of the players on the field during each play of that drive. Enjoy your night. Go Bills!

So why did Tasker say "fresh legs on defense" and the whole DL was new # 's? Did I just hallucinate that?

'

who wins the 9th dline spot? carrington? heard? gilbert?

I say Gilbert, IF the Bills keep 9 DL. It may only be 8.

You might be on to something. But at the end of the day, the pressure in that drive was absolutely invisible. It defenately wasn't reassuring. It could be a fluke, but I was defenately worried. I knew we were going to be driven on and scored on. It looked no better than Bills defenses under Juron when you knew the opposition would score, it was just a matter of how long it would take. It migh have been our D or it could have just been the Steelers didn't really get serious until they needed to. It wasn't pretty at best.

I saw the Steelers go to max protections on that drive so the problem was that 3 WR were able to get wide open vs 7 in coverage or the QB was able to make great throws. If the Bills coverage can't hold up 7 vs 3 then they will have to start to blitz more, which Wanny does not like.

Edited by vincec

Eh, I'm not gonna worry about that one 3rd and long play, and instead will salivate over Mario Williams being matched up against the Jets' human turnstile at RT, Wayne Hunter, or whoever they find to replace him for week 1.

all i can see is homer simpson. "mmmmmmmmmmm, quarterbacks".

So why did Tasker say "fresh legs on defense" and the whole DL was new # 's? Did I just hallucinate that?

'

He said that when the Bills replaced the line after an incompletion at about the Bills 40. It was the first chance they had to sub them out. They then came back into the game with about 20 seconds left and the ball at around the 14 or so. The starting line was in for most (around 70%) of that drive.

He said that when the Bills replaced the line after an incompletion at about the Bills 40. It was the first chance they had to sub them out. They then came back into the game with about 20 seconds left and the ball at around the 14 or so. The starting line was in for most (around 70%) of that drive.

Thank you Joey. I went through this already though and made note of Tasker saying "fresh legs" which to me says that the first team D line was "gassed". If the whole team needed off, they obviously weren't at thier best. They didn't go off and stay off like the OP said, they came back after 3 plays like you also stated, when the Steelers were on the 11 yard line. Like I said before, they were in the field for the long 3rd down conversion, a HUGE chunk of yards in between, and then for the TD. Those are the facts. I was simply stating this so that not everyone that reads these boards thinks the whole D line was pulled on that drive because it's simply not true.

We pulled our front 4 during that drive. Odd decision, but the facts.

Thank you Joey. I went through this already though and made note of Tasker saying "fresh legs" which to me says that the first team D line was "gassed". If the whole team needed off, they obviously weren't at thier best. They didn't go off and stay off like the OP said, they came back after 3 plays like you also stated, when the Steelers were on the 11 yard line. Like I said before, they were in the field for the long 3rd down conversion, a HUGE chunk of yards in between, and then for the TD. Those are the facts. I was simply stating this so that not everyone that reads these boards thinks the whole D line was pulled on that drive because it's simply not true.

Apparently "during" means something different to you then me. I never said they where gone for the whole drive.

Apparently "during" means something different to you then me. I never said they where gone for the whole drive.

Listen man, you stated your argument saying they were pulled as if they were out and stayed out. You stated it as fact. They were "subbed" out for 3 plays and 30 yards of a 98-99 yard drive. They gave up huge 3rd downs, huge chunks or yards and then a TD. You made it seem like all the bad plays happened when they were off the field. You were wrong. It happens. Get over it.

Well, the way you worded the op does lead to the conclusion. The front four was "pulled' and it was an "odd decision". It wasn't odd at all, they were gassed from being pushed back 60 yards and unable to substitute at all because they couldn't force even an incompletion for so long.

When you term their replacement an "odd decision" it makes it sound like you believed that they didn't play most of the drive for some odd reason, not that they played for the vast majority of the drive and were subbed out because they were gassed.

Also your other posts last night on this same matter lead to the same conclusion. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/149138-anyone-see-an-intensity-difference-tonight/#entry2540885

Edited by joey greco

Thanks Joey. Makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one that thought the op used "odd descisions" for his choice of words. If someone didn't see the game, or didn't know, they might have assumed, based on the op that the starting front 4 was removed from that drive after the 3rd down conversion and never came back. And that just wasn't the case. I don't know if I could live with myself knowing people were misinformed like that.

Dude, the way you said it made us all think you meant pulled and didn't come back. And then you argued that even more after I said you were wrong the first time. You were wrong.

Joey already posted one link where you were wrong on the same topic and I'll post another one here. You were YELLING your argument like it was fact and you weren't even right about that. They didn't get pulled right after the long 3rd down, they were after another few plays and another 20-30 yards when on the Bills 41 yard line.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/149143-all-hail-kyle-williams/#entry2541131

Edited by mrags